chapter nine ➸ unexpected

Start from the beginning

She thinks over it for a moment before responding. "Yes."

"Come on." Ingrid waves her hand towards her home. "Paul is at Sam and Emily's."

Bree follows the woman who saved her life, confused.

"Here we are," Ingrid announces. She had led Bree into the attic of the cabin. Bree was still puzzled as to why Ingrid did this but didn't question it.

Ingrid was rummaging through a chestnut-colored chest when she let out a shout of victory, finding the thing she was looking for. It was a small bottle with a cerulean colored liquid inside of it, it seemed to sparkle in the sunlight that was shown through a small window. It looks majestic and magical, Bree had thought to herself.

Bree furrowed her brows, "What is that?"

"Something that can make you human," Ingrid cocks her head, "well, somewhat human." She corrects herself.

"What does that mean?"

"It means this will make you human but you would still have your enhanced senses."

Bree freezes. "You mean, I wouldn't have to have blood?" She asks cautiously.

Ingrid nods her head.

"And I'd be able to eat pizza?"

She nods her head once again while giggling.

"Be able to go into the sun without sparkling like a fairy? Not look like a ghost?"

Ingrid fully snickers at her questions while still nodding her head.

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" She grabs the bottle from Ingrid's hand and moves to drink it when Ingrid stops her.

"You might want to do this in the living room. It will put you in a type of coma for six hours. When you wake up, you'll be like Kat."

Bree bobbed her head in understanding.

The vampire and hybrid make their way downstairs and stop in front of the couch in the living room. Bree sits down and Ingrid squeezes her shoulder in support and offers a grin. Bree smiles in response. She downs the liquid in one go and her knees suddenly buckle, eyes sealing shut. Ingrid picks up her legs and lays them on the couch while moving her head onto a pillow. She grabs the blanket from the chair adjacent to the couch and covers Bree. She looks at the sleeping girl and strokes her hair away from her face, a smile still on her face.

Ingrid's eyes are torn away from the girl on her couch when she hears the front door open. She moves away from Bree and makes her way towards the noise only to see her sister.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would have been with Jacob." She smirks at Rebekah when she catches sight of her scarlet cheeks.

"I'm here because when I was having a conversation with your wolf, he said you were ill." Ingrid's smirk dissolves at the mention of her sickness. "We can't get sick, Ingrid. Why did you not tell us?"

Ingrid walks away from her sister and en route to the kitchen. Rebekah follows her.

"You can't do what you usually do, Grid."

"And what do I usually do?" She puts her hands on her hips.

"You usually ignore a problem until it goes away."

"Then that is exactly what I am going to do."

The younger blonde shakes her head at her sister's antics and places a brown paper bag on top of the counter.

"What's that?" Ingrid squints at the bag.

Rebekah gives her an expectant look. Ingrid puts her head in her hands and grumbles. She picks herself up and grasps the bag. Her eyes widen and she shakes her head in denial.

"It's not possible."

"You have a loophole, remember?."

She exhales and leaves the kitchen.

Ten minutes later, Rebekah lifts her head seeing Ingrid enter the kitchen again. "Well?" She questions.

"I'll be back."

Rebekah looks at her in disbelief as she leaves the cabin.

Ingrid pulls in front of Sam and Emily's house, getting out of her Impala and striding to the door. She opens the door and sees Paul sitting down with the pack. He notices her presence and raises an eyebrow when she dipped her head to the side, gesturing for him to come outside. Once she thinks he got the message, she walked away from the door.

From inside, Paul is confused, but gets up anyways, ignoring the questioning looks he gets from the pack. He sees Ingrid and makes his way towards her.

"What's going on?" He asks, wrinkling his nose.

"Let's go to the beach." As Ingrid steps away, Paul is bewildered by her attitude but follows her nonetheless.

They're strolling along the beach when Ingrid suddenly stills. Paul glimmers at her, about to ask what's wrong when her confession catches him off guard. "I'm pregnant."