I look at him confused.

"Ooooooo, I'm the mysterious cold spot in the hallwayyyyy," he says mimicking a ghost.

"Excuse me?"

He backs up, "You-you can hear me?"

"And see you, that's not normal?"

He smiles, "Hi, oh my gosh, I'm Marcus." He waves.

"Zoey," I say, determined to have one person call me by my real name.

"This is crazy, even the best sensors could hardly even locate me," He seems genuinely happy.

"Who are you exactly?"

"Oh, I'm the compound ghost," He laughs, "Looks like my power of healing worked too well."

"You're a ghost?"

"Yes, the only one you'll probably ever meet," He smiles again, like he's proud he's ignored by everyone.

"Well it was nice meeting you but-"

"Is everything okay?"

"Excuse me?"

"You have tears running down your cheeks. I would help but I not good with solid things."

I wipe them quickly and say softly, "Sorry, I just want to be alone right now."

"Alright, whatever works for you. I roam these halls frequently, so if you ever want an imaginary friend, I'm here."

I smile at his silly offer. "Thank, Marcus." He nods and starts to walk silently away. "Wait," I find myself saying. He looks back, "You must be incredibly bored, not having anyone to talk to. I'm not much of a talker, but I'd sure love to have something get my mind off of..." I trail off not really knowing what to say.

He smiles brightly for a slightly transparent person. "You want company?" I nod. He disappears then reappears beside me. "I'm rusty, but I've been dreaming of company for years."

We start walking and I ask, "How old are you?"

"Well, I go by the age I died at, sixteen. That's the year my life stopped, so I don't think I ever got mentally older, or physically I guess."

I nod, "How'd you die? If that's not like a personal question."

"Raven squad attacked mine on a mission. I was the only causality, but they didn't know I was still there...just not living. I came home with them and no one could see me. I was the sensor in my group, so I figured if I went to the other sensing people, one of them could feel me."

"None did?"

"Nope, not a single one," he's face darkens, like he's reliving the memory. "After a year or so, I ran into a new Omega trainee. She turned around and looked right at me telling me it was rude to walk through people. I realize then she could hear me, see me, talk to me. I was beyond happy."

"Who was this?" I ask already knowing who.

"She went by the name Jen at the time. She was younger, thirteen or fourteen. We talked a lot throughout the years. When she graduated and became a trainer she started going by the name 'Vision' since her ability was in her eyesight. She was amazing, I mean try being able to see someone's ability flowing in their body."

I laugh.

"She was really nice to. She always would let me sit in on her training. After all the kids left we would talk for hours." He looks down. "She was my best friend as far as I was concerned."