17.| Hakuna Your Tatas

ابدأ من البداية

However, when it came to Quahog trying to keep secrets from her after she risked her life and put her ass on the line along with her best friend, she wasn't going to tolerate it. It seemed his interest had been piqued by the idea of the Tesseract and she didn't like people with hidden intentions. She saw what the Tesseract was capable of and there was no telling if it was just the tip of the iceberg that she had been a witnessed to.

She didn't want to find out either and if the President was going to be foolish enough to think that he was going to meddle with something such as that or have the wizarding world take it for their own, he was sorely mistaken.

Which is why Duffy had no problem turning the tables in her favour, she was going to take control because she had been the first to witness what was really going on in the world. The people they considered to be "No-Majs" there were some that were something beyond people who didn't have magic. There were beings with immense abilities that did not compare to magic.

There were other worlds with hostile creatures that were willing to attack at the word of another worldly being. They didn't even have a concept of the Chitauri because it certainly wasn't something that Ilvermorny covered during her years there. What they were entering was a foreign territory and it wasn't going to be smart for the wizarding world to get involved in the way Quahog wanted and it wasn't going to be smart not to be involved at all. Which is why Duffy hatched together a plan with Duncan as the two were always on point with one another.

Naturally, he was nervous and Duffy didn't blame him, but if she was figured out, she promised that she wasn't going to take him down with her, she would take the full blame with pride. And after raising her wand to the President's head, Duffy had plenty of work to do.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Duffy spoke in a loud voice as she stood in the centre of the International Confederation of Wizards, present before its members, including her own leader and the Supreme Mugwump at the time, Babajide Akingbade, " I thank you for joining us today, thankful that my leader, President Samuel Quahog has gathered you all for this important meeting."

President Quahog smiled in her direction, giving her an encouraging nod to continue as she stood surrounded by the leaders all across the world of the wizarding communities that covered everywhere.

"If you are unaware of what has taken place within these recent days, New York City had been under attack by foreign visitors from a world unknown. They were attracted by a device that is not known to our world either, called the Tesseract. In the beginning, the problem was not of our own as the targets were that of the No-Majs. However, because we share the same world as them, it left our own extremely vulnerable. We were left in the dark, there were ideas and theories being thrown around that our people couldn't even begin to understand. That leaves us at an immense disadvantage during these attacks."

She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled as she looked around to the world leaders.

"You see, those foreign visitors may have been some of the first to come with hostile intentions, but there is no telling if they will be the last. The No-Majs have been preparing themselves for such threats, but where does that leave us? We were ill-prepared and that left us with our own casualties. We cannot be getting involved at the last minute, we cannot figure out what is taking place with little time to prepare. We need to be involved-

"Are you suggesting that we expose our communities to non-magic folk for the sake of being informed?" Babajide Akingbade questioned her. It left to an immense eruption of whispering around her and Duffy witnessed plenty of the leaders shaking their heads in disagreement.

"No, that's not what I'm suggesting at all," Duffy shook her head, " I don't feel as though we need to expose our world and our resources, but I do feel as though we need to be involved in some form. In the way that the No-Maj leaders around the world are aware of us, we should have involvement with this group that works to defend the world. They are called the Avengers and if it wasn't for them, there is no telling what the world could have been facing at this very moment."