Things Happen

I opened my eyes and looked around. Where am I? I thought to myself. "Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore." I muttered, turning in a full 360, trying to figure where in the world I was.

"Anna." a calm feminine voice called me. "Anna, this is heaven." I spun around to see a small petite woman. She had light brown hair that went to her shoulders and shockingly bright blue eyes.

"H-Heaven? How... How'd I get here?" I can't be dead. I just can't!

The small woman came up to me and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "You don't remember it. Look." She pointed below us.

It was like a video was playing. I saw myself speeding away, full of rage. Then I saw the semi full of fuel. I turned away so I wouldn't see us crash. "Okay!" I said, covering my eyes. I remember everything now.

I'd gotten a call from my boyfriend asking me if he could come over for a little while. I said, "Sure! I'm making dinner right now, should I make extra for you?" He always says yes but this time he flat out said no. I looked at the phone confused. "Okay then. See you soon babe."

"Yuh." Kyle said and hung up.

Fifteen minutes later he knocked on the door. Kinda odd, I thought. He always lets himself in. He has the key. I set the spoon I was using to stir with on the counter and ran to get the door. "Hey." I said smiling.

"Yeah. Er, hey." He pulled away when I went to give him a hug.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned. This wasn't the normal him.

"Anna." He sighed, "Anna, I... I don't," He looked at his feet, "I don't think we should stay... together."

"What?" I started to cry. "No. We... you said we'd be together forever." I fell to my knees, crying into my hands. "What did I do wrong?" I looked up at him, only seeing a blur.

"Nothing, Anna. Nothing. Your perfect, I'm not."

"What?"

"Anna, please stop crying."

"Take me back then. Please!"

He laughed lightly, "Sorry."

"I need you though."

He looked at me sternly, "No."

I got up and slapped him. "God! I freaking hate you." I stormed out the door and to my car.

"Anna! You can't drive in this weather! The roads are awful." Kyle called after me. I flipped him the burn.

I turned to the angel. "I can't be dead! Please, I need to live. I need to tell Kyle that I'm sorry, that I need him. I need to see my parents. My little sister? Please! Please let this just be a dream." I screamed, tears pouring down my face. "Please." I whimpered.

The angel looked at me, her face full of sadness. "I can't do anything about it dear. I'm sorry." Then she quoted something Kyle always said to me, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."