Kate took a quick shower and then got out to get dressed. She hoisted herself in the jeans and swung the top over her head, pushing the elastic band over her shoulders to leave them bare. She hummed a song while she prepped her eyes before applying the smokey eyeshadow. As she was dressed quite simply, she could do something extra with her make-up. Kate blended the dark brown into the black colour the outer V of her eye, adding a purple shimmer to her lid before finishing it with a black eyeliner and a sharp wing. She took some distance from the mirror to check it it was even and it looked perfectly fine. Kate looked over at her phone as she received a text message and saw it was Betty. She quickly took her phone from the bathroom counter to reply to it. 

[Betty]: Jug and I are done at the Wyrm, probably taking a quick shower at home. Let's walk over there together? Or is Sweet Pea picking you up... ;)

Kate laughed at the shady wink her friend had added and moved her fingers over the keyboard to type a response.

[To Betty]: No, he isn't, just left my house in fact, haha. Anyways, you can come to mine a bit past 8 and I'll be ready.

Kate smiled as she thought about Sweet Pea. The Serpent really made the butterflies fly around in her stomach and he made her heart skip a beat everytime they spend time together. He was so sweet to her, so loving. Something she never expected when she met him. She had found him quite intimidating at first as he had basically the height of a skyscraper for her. She was just a few centimeters taller than Toni was, so you could get what the height difference was like. The Serpent jacket, the neck tattoo, the motorcycle, everything that defined Sweet Pea. And she loved it. She had fallen hopelessly in love with him, while her parents were warning her at least once a day for the Serpents and how she should stay away from the Southside. Kate was never a girl to disobey her parents, but know it was almost a thing.

She didn't feel nervous about telling them a small lie like going to Pop's with Betty while actually being at the bar, or sleeping over at Kevin's while she was in Sweet Pea's trailer. It was all to let her parents know that she was safe, which wasn't a lie actually. She was safe with Sweet Pea. She loved the thrill of doing things she actually shouldn't, with him having such a 'bad boy' shadow lingering around him. Kate could perhaps describe herself as a good girl gone bad and Sweet Pea's poison was her remedy. She continued her makeup, dabbing a sheen layer of foundation over her face before brushing a layer of Kat von D's lock it powder over it. Her cheeks were gently bronzed and the highlighter nicely popped whenever the light fell on that side of her face. Kate covered her lashes with some mascara and applied a nude lip color to her lips before spraying some setting spray on her makeup.

She saw it was almost eight and got downstairs with her platform heels on her feet. Just as she took her jacket, her mother came back from the supermarket, carrying her bags. Betty came in behind her and carried one of the bags too. "Hi, honey. Betty just came here as I pulled up on the porch!". Her mother smiled and put the bags on the kitchen floor. "You two girls are going to Pop's, hmm?". Jessica asked the two and they nodded. "Kevin's probably coming too". Betty added, already knowing her mother shouldn't know they were at the Wyrm instead of 'celebrating Kate's succesfull try out for the cheerleading squad'. "Ahw, how great is that". Kate's mother clasped her hands together. "Have fun!". Kate nodded and swung the front door open again, Betty following her and pulling it close behind her. "Nice teamwork". Kate chuckled as they walked around the corner.

"Had to lie so many times to my mom, I know the drill". Betty giggled and waved her away. "So, did everything work out with Jughead at the Wyrm?". The blonde nodded at her question. "Yeah, we got everything ready and in a party mode for FP's comeback". She replied. "I actually meant between you two". Kate nudged her side. Betty was silent for a moment. "I don't know, it's still a bit tense here and there, but we're getting there". She smiled a bit. "I hope he'll see tonight that I'm willing to be always there for him". Betty continued. "I hope so too". Kate gave her a supporting smile. And she really hoped it for her. Betty and Jughead were a great couple and she actually perferred them over Archie and Veronica, even though she started to like the other couple a bit more too. They seemed to accept her and Sweet Pea more and the two guys at least didn't fight while they were researching the house for Betty and Jughead.