“It sounds like you’re talking about a sinus infection, James. Loosen up, will you?”

          James gulped, sighing at the irony. How could he loosen up when he was in a house with a madman killer?

          “Y-yes, sir. The guards are approaching the kids,” he stammered.

          Suddenly a red light flashed in the corner of his screen, and a high-pitched beep! emitted from the computer’s speakers.

          “What’s that, James?”

          James turned to face Drew. His voice was filled with excitement that he could take a break, finally.

          “It means that our men have found them.”

          Gwen and Rebecca sat in awkward silence, the occasional grumble of Gwen’s stomach interrupting the tension in the air. Liam still hadn’t returned with Jazz, and it was doing wonders on Gwen’s patience, hunger, and annoyance.

          “Why can’t he find her?!” Rebecca grumbled, inserting multiple curse words that Gwen winced at.

          “I don’t know.”

          Suddenly, Gwen sat up. “Wait, I hear something…” Rebecca stood cautiously, dusting her backside off. She still refused to let dirt touch her for more than a certain amount of time.

          Liam burst out of some bushes a few yards in front of them, scaring Gwen so bad that she let out an embarrassing squawk.

          “Run!” he yelled, his arm around Jazz, pulling her along. Gwen watched in stunned silence as five men trailed after them, high-tech looking guns and clothing armed.

          They had shiny black masks that looked like they could take multiple bullets before shattering. Padded black vests contrasted against their translucent white hands, the only visible skin. Stretchy black fabric covered their arms, as well as their legs. A strange device was clipped to their arms, like an ultra-thin, bendable computer screen. On their feet were plain lace-up boots, silver tipped. Their guns were black with hints of silver, and super sleek.

          Gwen and Rebecca glanced at each other and took off running with Jazz and Liam in one second.

          The actual chase lasted about five seconds. The four madly dashed, dodging (or trying to dodge) tree branches and foliage.

          Suddenly, a sharp pain found its way zipping up Gwen’s back, and she tried to scream. Instead, she felt her arms and legs slump, and she literally crumpled to the ground. Paralyzing guns. She opened her mouth again, intent on warning the others, but instead felt her head hit the ground and the world grew black.

          Liam woke up with a headache the size of Texas pulsing in his right temple. Opening his eyes, he frowned. It was pitch black. He groaned and tried to move, but a tingly feeling in his arms and legs stopped him. Ropes. He was tied up.

          The events of—he didn’t know when they had happened—came back to him, and he moaned again. Somebody shuffled beside him and whimpered. Jazz.

          “Jazz… you okay? Where’s everyone else?” He whispered.

          “I’m fine… Rebecca! Gwen! Where are you guys?”

          “Ugh, I’m here. Can you believe that those men had the nerve to put us in a cage with a dirt floor? I swear when that man comes back I will—”