Playing With Fire (Kirigiri x Fuyuhiko)

Song: Playing with Fire
Artist: Blackpink
Fuyuhiko x Kirigiri
Requested by:ChiakiKyoko_Kirigiri

A/N: This has been in the works for a very long time. I just finished a few days ago but I wanted my friends to read it over for me. Enjoy!
--------❤️❤️❤️❤️--------

Of course, such a cliche could only happen in my life. I can never have anything normal, can I? I should've trusted my gut and backed off when I noticed things start to change between us. I can't say this wasn't a probable outcome. I've always been fond of mysteries and I can't call anything more mysterious or curious than a Yakuza heir that, to be perfectly honest, doesn't fit the image that his title puts in one's mind. He is literally the opposite of everything you'd expect him to be. I did my best to observe him and find out where the mask ends but he's completely genuine. My investigation has shown me nothing but a boy living his life with his friends. That wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't gotten attached to him.

I should have never let myself get to know him on a personal level.

I should have never become his friend.

I should have never gone on that date with him.

I should have never become his girlfriend.

I should have never fallen in love with him.

I should have never let Junko get to him.

How sad can I get? Of course she would use my lover against me and of course, I'd lose him. I can only count my blessings that he's still alive even with the body count hanging above his head. Maybe had he did this of his own free will I'd have been able to let him go but I can't even hate him because I know none of this is his fault. He was just a tool for that psychopath's idiotic plans. Now that she's gone and he's back to normal I don't even know what to say to him. It's even hard to look at him sometimes. Why did he have to ruin his eye? His beautiful olive-colored eyes were one of my favorite parts of his face, second would be the cute little beauty mark on his chin. Behind all the bravado he's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. This is one of the rare times in my life where I don't know what to do.

How does one forget all the atrocities they've seen when it's been, in part, committed by the person they love. How do you let that go? I can't even blame him because I know it's not his fault and he's already suffering for it. I know I shouldn't feel anything for him and I know that logically I should be trying to move on from him but I can't. I don't even think I want to anymore.

It's been about a month since he woke up and I've been avoiding him. He's not the type to actively seek what he wants but since coming back to himself he's been trying to talk to me. I don't know how to feel about this, he never did that before. I assume the condition of his friends must be pushing him to confront me but I'm not ready for that yet. I'm not ready to speak to him or even be near him. Whenever I see him in a room I immediately leave. I purposely place other people between us and I hide to get away from him. This is so unlike me but I can't deal with him right now. I need to stay focused on my work but everytime I see him my head goes blank and my heart starts pounding. I feel like a stupid school girl with a crush and I've never felt that way before him. His eye, god his beautiful eye, never seems to leave me. My friends are starting to doubt my sanity because of him. I can barely function around him and I can't count the number of times I've run from a room to escape his gaze. Even Naegi is questioning me. I stutter and trip and spill and slip and do everything that I've never done all because of him. I used to be above these foolish girly tendencies and now I'm doing every trope in the book. Yet, I can't help wanting to talk to him. I, so badly, want to be with him but my brain keeps reminding me of why I shouldn't. I don't think even my logic and reasoning can keep me away from him and to be quite frank I don't think I want to escape him. I'm tired. I've tried not caring about him. I've tried not thinking about him. I've tried not to worry when I see him fighting back tears at the reminders of everything he's done. I had to physically hold myself back from comforting him every time he looked at me with sorrow as I ran away from him. I know I can't do this anymore, not to me and not to him. I'm in love with a murderer and while I know I'll never forget it I think I can live with it.

I can live with him.