[9 - Leopold Stotch]

Comincia dall'inizio

His eyes were wide and I could tell he was resisting his mouth from dropping. I just laughed softly and sat back.

"I'm a fucking monster."

"No... You can't... it's a trick! A dream!" He shouted at me,"You're not real! You can't be! Leo wouldn't be like you! He wouldn't!"

"WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES, KEN!" I screamed and got in his face, holding onto the arms of the chair as I stared him down. I stopped before I could say anything as I looked at his eyes. He was almost pleading like a lost puppy. I growled and moved away,"You must have known the whole time, huh?"

"What? No, I would have never—"

"Then why the hell were you even friends with me?" My fists clenched slightly,"You must have known."

"I was your friend because I cared about you Leo." He leaned forward as far as he could in an effort to get closer to me,"Leo... please you can turn a new leaf, I know you can you just—"

"No!" I shook my head,"I can't change. I'm a monster and I always will be. My parents... they were right in every way." I yelled out when my power suppressors shocked me again.

I could see the pain in his face at this whole situation.

I didn't even know what to do. I didn't know what to Think. This guy, who I've liked for as long as I can remember, is my worst goddamn enemy. I can just feel my heart shattering right now. My friend. My only 'real' friend... just... gone.

"Leopold." He suddenly spoke,"Listen. Come home with me... We can do something about this."

"I have no home. And how am I to know you won't take me to the police instead, huh?" I sneered.

"I... I wouldn't do that to you."

"You hesitated." I growled,"This all was fake to you, wasn't it? You knew that whole time it was me, didn't you?"

"Leo, I wouldn't ever do that. I really did care about you."

"Right. And I'm a hero." I hissed. I took a deep breath and let out a soft chuckle,"Ohhh you're so lucky..."

"What? What for?"

"You're so lucky I still stupidly care about you and Karen." I stood up and walked to my main monitor and started to type a code in,"Just enough not to fucking kill you, anyway. You're so lucky, McCormick. So lucky."

"What are you doing Leopold?" He started to panic a bit. Ah. His façade, once again, fading very quickly. He was mortified. Terrified. Disgusted.

"First, I'm sedating you. Second, my robot is going to take you home." I looked over to see the robot in the corner activate and walk towards us. Kenneth was now panicking even more.

"No. Nono I'm not leaving." He asserted but jumped when the robot's finger opened to show a syringe.

"Face it, Kenneth. The only time you're ever going to see me again from now on, is at school. And oh yeah. We're seniors." I glared and his eyes flipped between me and the Robot.

"Why won't you just let me help you?!" He yelled out and was somehow able to get his arm out of one of his restraints, and reach out to me,"You wonder and hate everyone who doesn't help you, but you won't even allow people into your life to even help you!" He grunted and started to try and get out of his bindings.

I froze.

Was that true?

He kept talking.

"You blame the world for not helping you when you don't let the world see you! You hide! You hide and you lock yourself away so that nobody can touch you or hurt you, but nobody can help either!" He somehow got out of his restraints and ran to me. He tackled me down and held my collar, pulling me close to his face as he went on,"Leopold, just let me in! I can help! The world can be fixed! Please!"

My eyes widened when I felt a warm drop on my face. Then another. Then another. He was Crying. It was the first time I had ever really seen him Cry. Actually, it was. Before this moment, he'd never cried. Never like this.

"Leo, please." He practically begged.

Please.

My throat went dry and I looked away,"Praedotron, sedate him."

He jumped when the large hand of the robot grabbed him and lifted him up,"No! No! Leo! No! Do NOT DO THIS!"

"I'll see you on Monday. Or not." I turned away and I could hear the needle bury into his skin, and his struggle slowly stopped. I let out the breath I had been holding that entire time and sat down on the spot, holding my head and tugging at my hair,"Praedotron, Take Kenneth home. Use cloaking to make sure you are not seen."

And like that, he was gone.

Officially everyone in my life

Was gone.