Epilogue: Bless the broken road

Start from the beginning

"Her contractions are only 10 minutes apart and she's almost fully dilated; we just need to wait a couple of minutes before she can start pushing" Luna explained.

"Did you already give her some pain potions?" Draco asked.

"I did, it should take effect any second now."

Draco turned his gaze towards Hermione; "The pain should lessen any second now love...just breathe..."

Hermione followed Draco's instruction; after a few minutes, she felt a little relief. "I feel better..."

Draco can't help but smile; "That's the potion kicking in love."

"I'll leave you two but I'll be back, I just need to make sure that everything we need is being prepared" Luna said.

"Thank you Luna" Hermione said.

Luna smiled; "You're welcome Hermione" she said before leaving.

Hermione shifted on the bed and tried hard to turn to her side.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" Draco asked.

"I feel more comfortable on my side" Hermione replied.

Draco stood from his perch and assisted the struggling brunette; "Comfy?" he asked.

Hermione smiled; "Yes, thank you."

Draco sat back and stared at his wife; "You're not supposed to be in labor yet, what happened?" he asked.

Hermione looked sheepish; "Err---"

Draco raised his brow; "Out with it Granger, you're look says it all."

Hermione pursed her lips; "That's Malfoy to you Mister."

"Fine. Out with it Malfoy" Draco rephrased.

"Promise me first that you won't get mad"

"Why do I feel like I won't like this one bit?"

Hermione cringed when she felt a dull ache on her tummy; "Because you wouldn't" she replied.

Draco sighed; "I promise."

"Ron saw me today"

Draco tried his hardest to keep his face blank; "Why?"

Hermione reached for Draco's hand and laced their fingers; "He wanted to talk."

Draco gritted his teeth to keep his calm; "Did he say something to upset you? Is that the reason why you went into pre-term labor?"

Hermione shook her head so hard that she saw spots; "No."

"Tell me what happened, what did he want?"

"He just wanted to apologize for all the things he's done to me and I forgave him" Hermione said softly.

"Oh."

"It's been 2 years Draco and time already healed all the wounds. I can't be friends with him any longer but that doesn't mean I can't be cordial."

Draco lifted Hermione's hands to his lips and planted a kiss on her knuckles; "That makes you a better person love, a much better person that I am" he said.

"You're not mad that I forgave him?" Hermione asked.

Draco shook his head; "No, I'm proud" he said with a smile.

Hermione smiled widely; "Come here"

Draco leaned closer; "What?"

Hermione bridged the gap and pecked him on the lips; "I love you Draco Malfoy" she murmured.