Chapter one. The Morning After

It was one crazy night with Anna at Ashton's birthday party last night. The next morning I awoke with bruises on my shoulders and one massive head ache.

"Ow, my head." I groaned as I sat up to see Anna crashed on Ashton's futon, probably hung over. I look around and see multiple boys and girls commencing in conversation, as well as sleeping on the carpet. No sign of Ashton. I used the strength I gathered up from the bottom of my spine and slowly rose up. I swung my still asleep feet over the side of the couch and onto the floor. Finally, I stood up and made my way over to a sleeping Anna and gently shook her awake.

"Bella..? Are we... S-still at Ash's place...?" Anna slurred with one eye open.

"Uh, yea. We should fine Ash. Let him know we're going." I exhaustedly spoke while holding out my quivering hand in offer to help her weak self. I took her hand and pulled her up on her feet and let her lean on me until she regained her balance. We headed down the staircase from Ashton's room down to the den. Everything was a blur. All I could remember was the smell of beer and the loudness of Calum's bass guitar roaring through the atmosphere of the party. Before I knew it, we were at the bottom of the spiraled staircase.

"Ashton?.." I moaned and sloppily walked into the kitchen. I soon turned me and Anna away after stumbling upon a couple sucking the tongues out of each other's mouths.

"Alright, well I don't know where that boy could be. Let's just go home. We'll text him when we get to your place. K?" Anna reasoned.

"Okay, I guess we could do that. I just feel bad leaving. But whatever." I sigh. Anna makes her way towards the coat rack and fetches our purses. She reaches into my bag and gently tosses my car keys in hopes I'd catch them. Due to my morning slowness, I missed my car keys and watched them as they met my stomach and hit the floor.

"Damn it, Bella." Anna teases. I laugh and pick up my keys and hurry to the front door. "It's already 11:16 am." Anna chuckles. Anna is very giggly in the mornings, that's what I love about her so much, she's a real joy.

"Haha; well at least I woke you up when I did- I could have left you there." I badger and laugh.

"Very funny." She replies in a sarcastic tone. I just laugh and open the front door. As we walk out to the porch I notice Ashton sitting in the patio floor with his good friend Niall Horan.

"Oh hey. You gals leavin'?" Ashton pushes himself up in his feet using his knee.

"Yea, I gotta get this girl home. We were looking for you." I utter.

"Sorry, I was out here with mi mate." Ash presents Niall as he stands up. He was about 6'2 and had a blonde messy quiff.

"Hi, nice to meet you both; I'm Niall." He said with a thick Irish accent reaching out a hand for us to shake. We politely shook his hand and introduced ourselves. I could feel myself blush. I've always heard many great things about Niall and always dreamed about meeting him. And when I finally did, I was hung over. Go figures.

"Alright, Ash. We gotta go but happy birthday! We should go grab some sushi sometime this week." Anna cheerfully said as she swooned over Ashton like usual. Anna had a huge thing for Ashton since 11th grade. She'd do just about anything for him, and do anything to talk to him.

"Shit, Anna! Kristen drove us here last night! She already left with Ken." I stammered. I slapped my hands on my sides in exasperation,

"I can take you girls home." Niall smirked.

"Yea why don't you let Niall take you guys home?" Ashton agreed in his Aussie country man accent.

"That's fine by me!" Anna replied in her usual cheeky tone.

"Erm, yea sure that'd be nice, I guess." Niall noticed I hesitated and his smile rode down a bit.

"Well alrighty then. You got all your stuff?" He asked us, raising his eyes brows.

"Yep! Let's go." Anna assured him. Niall nodded as we all bided Ashton goodbye and hopped in Niall's green Mercedes. Hannah got shotgun and I stayed in back.

"Oh, Bell-" Anna paused. "My mom wants me home. Sorry. I can't go home with you. I think she's mad we stayed over night." Anna frowned.

"Alright. Is that ok with you, Niall? Making 2 stops?" I ask for approval in hopes I don't inconvenience him.

"course it's ok. Where do ya live, babe?" He directed towards Anna. Anna gave him her address as I dosed off out the window, looking out at Ashton's large place.

It wast a long of a car ride full of talkative Anna. I love her, but that girl needs to chill a little bit. I didn't talk at all. Neither did Niall really. Every time he managed to open his mouth, it would get shut back up by Anna's 10th grade stories. By the time we got Anna back home, it was 11:58 am. I waved Anna goodbye and waited for her to enter her house.

"Bell, was it?" I nodded nervously. "Wanna come up front?" The Irish boy cooed towards me.

"Sure." I replied and unbuckled myself so I could exit the back of the car and get in the front.

As I buckled up in the front, Niall turned to me with his elbow on the wheel. The light hit his lagoon blue eyes just enough for me to see the sudden green splotches underneath his dilated pupil.

"Love," he began, "where do you live?" He smiled.

"You know where Downingtown is- right?"

"Course." He chuckled. I blushed at the sound of his voice.

"I live on Westle St. in that neighborhood." I replied calmly.

"Sweet." He winked. He turned his head, smiled and drove us off. His dimples ended perfectly near the curve of his smile, and every once and awhile, he'd bite his lips- which would drive me crazy. And his thick and sexy Irish accent is breathe taking.

We had many conversations about random things. It was nice how well we got along. Whenever it would grow quiet, I'd look out the window. Out of the corner of my eye,I found him gazing at me, with his bottom lip bitten by his top teeth. And of course I blush and pretend I didn't see him. About half way to my house, he makes a turn into a gas station. We park and he turns to me, looking me straight in my green eyes. He licks his lips and tucks my blonde hair behind my ear. I gulp noticeably.c

"Do you wanna come with me.?" He asked smiling.

"Where..?" I stammer once more. I could feel my check bones heat up and tense up.

"My place? We can hangout, watch some movies, eat food. Ya know, the good stuff." Niall laughed. I knew I shouldn't but something stopped me from even hesitating.

"Let's do it." I chuckled.