Chap 2

I was in the middle of class. The teacher was writing stuff down on the board. I was listening to her teach, but I didn't. I was trying to focus, but I kept thinking of what Hannah said yesterday. She said your world would be brighter. But mine. It was mono toned. Like the keys of a piano. Just black and white.

I remember being on stage when I was younger, crying. Cause I didn't know how to feel or how to hear my music. I could feel my tears down my face. That moment. I'll never forget it. I know by that day, my days of playing were done.

After class, I went back to Physco by Post Malone on repeat for my rewrite. I was almost halfway done. I was still on the chorus. Hannah slowly creeped in and threw her softball at me.

"Man it wouldn't kill you to catch a ball." She said leaning on the desk and realizing what I was doing, "Come on! You're young! Live a little!"

She sat down and snatched one of the earbuds and put it in her ear. Her face lit up like a firework.

"No way! I love this song!" She squealed.

"Woah excited much?" I asked.

After a long while if her jamming out, she finally took the earbud out.

"So tomorrow is Saturday. So I'm guessing your free yeah?" She asked.

I looked up from my paper, "You can't just assume-"

"So what are your big plans?" She sarcastically asked.

I turned pick and started working on my paper again.

"So you know how everyone is all over Wyatt? Well there this one in my class who really wants to meet him. And so we were gonna hang out tomorrow. You wanna come with?" She asked.

I looked up from my rewrite, "W-What?

"If her and Wyatt hit it off, I'll need someone to talk to. I hate being the third wheel. Awkward. But if you come with, it would be as a group. I wouldn't be alone." She said rubbing her finger on the eraser, "And besides, I heard the girl is a classical musician."

My face brightened up. I didn't believe what she said.

"You play the piano. She plays whatever she plays. So if the conversation lags, there's no problem. You can talk about the composers you like. Give Wyatt the chance to rewrite his brain." She said smiling.

"But I gave up the piano." I mumbled out, "I haven't played in two years."

Hannah stared at me in disgust, "You were playing the piano yesterday you big liar!"

"That was just for work!" I yelled.

"For real?" She asked.

"I'm transcribing Physco...well, rewriting Physco. It's for karaoke and stuff." I said shuffling my papers around.

"You're doing t just fine without a piano." She said messing with the eraser more.

"I'm just double checking. That's all." I said looking at the paper.

"There's a lot of musical jobs out there huh?" Hannah mumbled, "You know, it feels like your clinging on to the piano. I don't wanna spins mean Austin, but you seemed much better when you played."

I sighed, "It was my Mother's dream. To raise me to be a pianist. Old classical. She ran a music school. I took lessons from her. Day after day. For hours. She'd yell at me. She'd even hit me. Even when I cried. She always said how she never made it big and I'm going in her place. I always thought me going to Europe would make her better and happy. Three years ago, she died. Right when I was about to make that happen. I hate the piano. Yet I'm still clinging to it. I guess the piano is all I have left. Take away the piano and there's nothing. Just the echo of misplaced keys." I said not even thinking about the rewrite.

_______________

    The next day, after standing out at the park, I still haven't seen Wyatt, Hannah, or the new girl. I guess I'm the first one here. I saw some leggings and some shoes in a tree.

"Who leaves their stuff in a tree? The shoes look so pairless." I thought to myself.

From the distance, I hear a flute play. The sound was so beautiful. It was like right when I first heard the very first note, the world grew colorful. I walked towards the music. It grew louder. And louder. I saw a girl standing on top of a little building that kids play in. She had long brown hair and blue eyes. She had short legs that suited her small body. I stood their for a minute from a distance and slowly walked towards her. She turned to me with tears going down her eyes. She was beautiful.

"That's what I get for over doing it." She laughed while wiping her eyes.

A group of little kids looked around, "I don't see the birds. I don't think they came."

"I wonder why." She said looking at her flute.

The kids all bickered at each other that it had to be a different instrument so they'd come.

"It could be a tuba like they'd all care. What matters is we play as one." She inspiringly said to the group of children.

The kids climbed on top of the building and played with her. The music was even better. What beautiful music they played. I drew closer to them and pulled my phone out. As I risen my phone up, a big gust of wind risen up her skirt. A little kid started crying due to his hat flying away and all the others laughed. The girl turned towards me in shock as my phone was still up to my face and the wind made the picture have her panties in it. She grabbed one of the little kid's instruments and threw it at my head. She then climbed down and started hitting me with another kid's instrument.

"What are you doing you nasty pervert! Taking a picture of me when my skirt was going up! I'm gonna best you till' you're black and blue!" She screamed.

"That was my recorder." The kid cried.

"Atleast the birds came." Another kid said.

"And you stole my leggings! That's it! No mercy for you! You think I'm gonna let you get away with this?" She shoved the recorder in my face.

"I didn't steal them! They were up a tree!" I yelled back.

"Y/n!" Hannah yelled.

She jumped up and smiled, "Hannah!"

Hannah coughed and introduced all of us, "Wyatt, this is y/n. Y/n this is Wyatt."

Right after they introduced each other, Hannah walked towards me, "And I know you might not care y/n, but this is Friend-A." 

Her anger turned to apologetic in no time flat. She dashed towards me, "I'm so sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive."

Once she looked me in my eyes deeper, I could tell she was trying to read my mind about that panty shot. It was menacing.

"Naughty Austin, coming up here first to meet y/n." Hannah laughed.

"I don't know what you're talking about but quit." I fussed.

"I'm sorry little bitch." Hannah said getting in my face and sticking her tongue out like we did in middle school, "Atleast she's into Wyatt. Cause that's what we came out here for right? Austin Porter, The very important Friend-A. Don't you forget it."

"Stop she's not my type." I sighed.

"Oh no. I better get going." Y/n ran.

"Where you off to?" Wyatt asked.

"There!" Hannah pointed.

We all turned and looked at the giant building we call Towa Hall. Y/n stopped and picked up her violin.

"She's going to-"

"Towa Hall!" Y/n smiled, "If you wanna see me, look on stage."

I was in awe. I've never seen someone have a smile like that. What was so new about it? She turned around and started running.

"Come on Austin!" Hannah said.

"Nah...I'll pass." I sighed.

I felt a hand grab mine, "Come on Friend-A!"

Spring is blooming all around.
And I...

I'm taking off with you....