2|SWEETPEA

The rain was falling in sheets as you walked alone down the streets of the Southside- a very unwise option that you had chosen to do considering where you lived. Jughead had gone back to his trailer where his dad was- awaiting him to throw the fires of hell at him.

You had told him everything would be fine and sure enough- the lord heard the opposite of what you said and now you ended up soaking wet, walking in the rain, and keeping your head down to avoid any looks from unwanted watchers.

You shoved your hands into your leather jacket, the rain running down the sleeves and into the pockets as you sighed, tucking a soaking wet piece of hair behind your ear.

"What're you doing out here all alone at this hour? You know it's not safe right." You heard a masculine voice call out in front of you.

You looked up, your eyes meeting someone else's but you couldn't tell who until they walked into the light, crossing their arms over their chest.

"Yeah, well, my dad always said I was tough, Sweetpea. So, I'm not sure there's anything for you to worry about." You said back, talking loudly over the rain.

He chuckled, walking closer towards you. "You might be a serpent but you're also a woman- and I'm not about to let you walk these dark streets alone."

You smiled. "Alright, hotshot. Let's see if you won't try to get me in your pants before I get home."

Sweetpea chuckled once more, beginning to walk with you. You had to take more steps to keep up with the long strides that he was taking.

"Why are you out here so late?"

He sighed, running a hand through his wet hair. "I wanted to go to the White Wyrm but apparently, I can't go at this hour."

You squinted in the rain to see him. "Really? I went at this hour once."

Sweetpea sighed back in response. "The whole thing with us being now in Riverdale High- the north side- we have to start acting a little more civilized or whatever."

You frowned. "I never asked to go there."

"But our school was a piece of scum so I'm at least glad we got out. Better bathrooms, better textbooks, better food." Sweetpea rejected.

You shrugged. "Yeah, that's true."

You were beginning to near the trailer park, seeing your trailer in the distance. "Here I am. You can go run along back to the White Wyrm now- tell the Serpents I said hello."

You gave him a smile. Next thing you knew, his lips were against yours as the rain continued to fall on the both of you. His hand was laced into strands of your soaking wet hair as you leaned against the side of the trailer.

"I'll tell them more than hello." He told you, his face inches from yours. You laughed a little, pressing a light kiss to his lips again before walking away.

"Oh, and one last thing, Sweetpea!" You said, standing on your porch while water dripped off of your clothes.

"What might that be?"

You smirked. "Walk me home again tomorrow."