Dale chuckled just thinking about it. Sometimes, he thought that he was a terrible lawyer for using his client's cases to amused his lover, but at the end of the day, the only happiness he derived in life was to see the light dancing in those green orbs, so what did he care?

Left alone in the room, Brycen grabbed a handful of the shredded paper that had fallen down and settled in his lap and crushed them, but he still felt numb. Why was he feeling this way, as if he had just lost some invaluably precious thing that he would never, ever be able to regain.

An image of that cold an elegant figure sashaying down the hall then halting to turn and look at him, eyebrows raised devilishly flashed through Brycen's mind and he shook his head to clear it, standing up quickly and knocking over his chair in the process.

No-what the hell was he thinking?

For years he had abhorred that woman and wanted nothing more than to break away from her, so why was he having such thought now? Was he such a petty person that his ego was so significantly bruised by Isabel's spurning that he was being affected psychologically? He didn't think so. He was only momentarily confused by that woman's sudden change. That had to be it.

Gritting his teeth, Brycen fished his cellphone out of his pocket and dialed a number. He placed the phone against his ear and the person picked up after two rings.

"Hello?"

Hearing the sweet and soothing voice on the other end, Brycen's tensed and convoluted atmosphere dissipated and a smile like warm jade broke through that cold exterior.

"Are you busy?"

"No. I just finished negotiating a new role for Cassie; I don't have anything else planned for today. Why?"

"You're at the company?"

"Yes."

"Come have lunch with me."

"I've already eaten-"

"I'll have my driver pick you up in ten minutes."

"Boss, is this really appropriate-"

"Rose, I've told you many times to call me by my name."

The other end of the line went silent as though the person was struggling with the request before a quiet timid voice sounded, "Brycen."

The smile on his face became even more profound and Brycen's heart beat quickly in his chest.

"Then, I'll see you in a while."

"Mmm."

Ending the call and slipping the phone back into his pocket, Brycen felt a lot lighter than he had a minute ago. He turned and left the room.

Back at Jaeger Entertainment company building, inside of the Managing Director's office, a young woman sat on the beige leather sofa looking at her cellphone with a highly pensive look while biting nervously on her finger nails.

The woman had midnight black hair that fell down to her waist in curls and big, black diamond like eyes. She was wearing a simple white blouse and a high waist, loose fitting black pants that defined her slender waist.

"Jason, what do I do?"

Lifting her eyes that were now swimming with tears as though she was terrified, the woman looked at the blonde haired man sitting on the other side of the desk that held the name plate 'Jason Moore, Managing Director'.

Jason narrowed his eyes as he clenched his fist tightly. His mind and heart were in turmoil.

Susan had told him before that the Boss had been making advances on her and using his authority to pressure her into a relationship, but he hadn't believed her, after all, he and Brycen knew each other all the way from college, he knew what kind of person Brycen was-- or at least he thought he had known.