I heard Harry’s footsteps coming back. I pointed behind the couch so Jeannie could hide there. Just as she crouched down, Harry walked in with a bottle of beer. The beer was so cold that it dripped water from the bottle and onto Harry’s hand. He sipped back the bright yellow liquid, sloshing it in his mouth for a second before swallowing it down.

“Anything important happen?” Harry asked.

“You were gone for l-literally t-ten seconds.” I pointed out to him.

“Why are you stuttering?” he asked, sitting down beside me instead of behind me. “You don’t stutter in front of me anymore.” He sipped his beer as he eyed my suspiciously.

“I s-stutter now and then.” I said quietly.

“But not with me. What’s up?”

“N-nothing.” I lied. “Just watch the m-movie.”

“Redrum.” Danny chanted in his creepy voice as he approached his mother’s bed. “Redrum.”

“What the fuck is redrum?” Harry murmured under his breath.

I shushed him and continued to watch the movie, trying not to smirk to myself at what Jeannie was going to do. I wanted to scare Harry so badly. I would probably lose it laughing when it happened. But I had to ready and not blow it, so I kept my poker face on.

Wendy saw the Redrum, which was written on the wall, in the mirror and screamed because she could see that it said Murder backwards.

“Fuck!” Harry cursed out loud, covering his hand over his eyes.

I tried not to laugh at him by covering my palm over my giggling mouth. Harry was such a pussy sometimes, but I liked that about him.

We watched for a few more minutes, Jack approaching Wendy and Danny with the ax, before I heard Jeannie’s voice right by Harry’s ear whisper, “Redrum” in Danny’s creepy voice.

Harry screamed, a manly deep scream, and jumped up off the couch, which caused him to spill his beer slightly. He looked back, utterly startled.

Jeannie and I burst out laughing at how startled he looked. His eyes bulged out of his head and his lower lip popped out awkwardly with his jaw dropped. He looked so ridiculous; I just wished that I could have taken a picture or something. I fell across the couch, my hands clutching my stomach as I repeatedly laughed uncontrollably.

“Why the fuck did you do that?” Harry snapped and scowled at Jeannie, whom was also still laughing. “You scared the shit out of me.”

“That’s what I was trying to do.” Jeannie pointed out, still laughing. “You should have seen your face!”

“Fuck off.” Harry grumbled.

He sat back down on the couch next to me, pouting to himself. I continued to laugh to myself, though it quieted down eventually. Jeannie left the room, still laughing to herself.

“I’m going to get you back so badly.” Harry warned me, pointing his finger accusingly at me. “I’m going to scare you until you literally shit your pants.”

“I’m not easily scared, Harold.” I confessed, smiling cockily at him. “So if I were you, I wouldn’t even try.”

Harry sighed and began watching the movie yet again. I smirked to myself, still laughing at how stupid he looked when he jumped up from being scared. I giggled to myself when I imagined him again being so scared. It was quite funny actually.

“Shut up.” Harry hissed, slapping my arm. “Just watch the fucking movie.”

I rolled my eyes and continued to watch as Jack cut opened the bathroom door with his ax. Harry flinched whenever the ax would hit the door, making me grin at how jumpy he was. I knew Harry was afraid, but I didn’t know he was this afraid.