-1-

Giovanni
Gigi gasped as the window was shattered by the force of a knife with a hand following close behind. She backed away from the glimpsing shards until her back hit a counter. As the man climbed through the dusty and narrow window, Gigi's breath quickened as she reached for something behind her. She pulled her hand back in front of herself as her cut her finger on a jagged edge. "A knife"she thought and grabbed at the direction of the knife, cutting her hand in multiple places but didn't care, she needed the knife if she wanted to live. Finally, she had her grasp around the handle of the knife, noticing that the man was standing in front of her, ready to swing a hit with whatever blood-covered object he held in his hand. As he swung the object towards her, Gigi turned her face away squeezing her eyes shut as she held the knife in front of her, plunging it forward.

     Gigi smiled, looking through her old photos of her and her friends, they were probably taken multiple years ago, but it had always been hard to tell because Gigi always had soft and baby-ish features. Her lips were small and pouty, and she never seemed to loose her baby fat. Her face was round, and cheeks naturally rosy. But besides that, her body matured at a normal rate, as everything else seemed to be stuck in time, even her height, only being 4'11. Her friends were the only evidence that it was from a long time ago, because most of them had moved away, and the others seemed to have changed completely, it seems that the only one who had never changed was her.
      She tucked the photos back into her pocked, fixing the tiny rearview mirror towards her looking at herself, making sure she didn't look too bad. Her hair was up in a neat bun, but now it had become messy, her hair sticking up in random places, her hair defying gravity. Her bangs almost covered her eyes, so she brushed them with her fingers towards the middle of her forehead because they never obeyed when she tried to swoop them to one side. She wore a sweater with a loose and thin turtle neck, almost looking like a regular collar of a shirt. The sweater had a face of an alien right beneath the shoulder on each side. She sighed, moving the rearview back into its original place, placing her car key into it's slot, turning it as the car starts. She's meeting her friends today, even though she hadn't seen them in two days, it felt like years since she had last seen them.
        She pressed her foot onto the pedal as the car drove off the the diner they were meeting at. She was never really the most social person. She'd make plans to meet up with someone, but usually they never happen. This time she's trying to stay in better contact with her friends, but she knows the the chances of her doing this consistently are very slim.
   As she pulled up to the diner she suddenly got an odd feeling that she didn't belong. As if she wasn't supposed to be here. I wonder if  they're here yet she thought, scanning the inside of the restaurant from inside her car, and then, sure enough, she saw them. R.J, Sam, and Camy, all sitting in a booth, talking.
R.J is the tallest of the group, in the shape of a famous basketball player. He has dark skin, the top of his hair was dyed purple, the rest was trimmed to his head, still in his original hair color, black, giving his hair a nice look. Sam is the second tallest, with tan skin and messy blond hair with crystal blue eyes, like Gigi's. He looks as if he was taken from a musical at the beach, though they were in indiana, no where close to any actual beaches like Florida and California. Then third tallest is Camy, the oldest. She looked the most formal out of everyone else, standing out. She wore a pink salmon dress, and pale skin. She was skinny, just like everyone else at the table.
Gigi had a sudden pain of anxiety. Gigi had never been the skinniest, even though she was skinnier than a lot of other people, she still felt...doubtful. As if someone would point at her, gossiping about what they think She probably weighed.
Gigi shook her head squeezing her eyes shut, clearing her mind from the negativity that seemed to be swallowing her. She let out a shaky breath, realizing that she had been holding it in
Gigi turned her car key and yanked it out, shoving it in her back pocked. She opened the car door and got out, swinging her small bag over her shoulders, shutting the door.
She looked around. The restaurant's parking lot seemed to be occupied by either six or seven cars, most of it remaining empty. She sighed leaning against her car looking at the bright sky, makings her eyes sting slightly.
"Giovanni" A sleek voice cooed, hot air tickled Gigi's ear. Gigi gasped, stumbling, causing her to fall on the ground as she looked around. Who would know my real name? She thought. Gigi was just a nickname that everyone called her, most of them not even knowing that it wasn't her real name.
As she saw something move in the corner of her eye she darted up, struggling to get herself up from her small heart attack. Finally, she got back up to her feet.
She closed her eyes, trying to remember what the figure had looked like. The only person that actually called her that was....no she thought, shaking the memories to the back of her head.
She jumped as a hand was placed on her shoulder, her eyes snapping open. "Gigi, are you ok? I've been calling your name!" A familiar voice said. It was Camy. Gigi looked around, adjusting to reality. She looked towards the window of the restaurant, all of the others of their group were watching. Gigi pulled her attention back to Camy, her eyes revealed a hint of worry. "You were? Ah, sorry. I was just, caught up in my thoughts." Gigi said sheepishly, laughing a bit. Camy looked as if she was going to scold me, so Gigi took the opportunity to cut in , "anyways, we should go in." Camy looked at her with suspicion, but just shrugged it off. "Yeah, lets go." She finally agreed.

"I wonder whats taking them so long." Sam groaned, rolling his eyes. R.J looked at him with a smile. "Can't stand being away from girls for a minute, can you?" R.J concluded. "What the hell dude, no." Sam said, scooting away from R.J.
"You still act like a twelve year old." R.J laughed, leaning back. Sam rolled his eyes. "We still are teens." He defended."We're going to college next year. We pretty much are adults." R.J said, backing himself up. "we don't have our own house!" "Everyone has their own car and knows how to drive, except you." R.J pointed out, causing a long silence. "How did you know?" Sam asked, flustered. "..I over heard you arguing with your mom," R.J responded.