chapter 2

Hermione looked at Ron and Harry with confusion in her mind. Draco had seemed to be avoiding calling her mudblood, or anything for that matter.

She glanced at Ron and Harry but they didn't seem to have noticed anything weird. She shook herself mentally and gazed into the lake quietly while Ron and Harry joked and laughed.

Hermione got up," I'm heading up to the library, I take it you two don't want to come to?"

Ron and Harry shook their heads and Hermione grabbed her bag," I'll meet you in the commen room." And she walked away.

She climbed up the stairs and turned the corner, then bumped into Draco. Unusually , Draco looked as if he didn't even kind her running straight into his midriff.

Hermione looked up at the slightly taller boy and she tucked a few strands of her brown, bushy hair behind her elegantly tanned ear.

Draco looked around, for once he didn't have Crab or Goyle with him. A slightly worried look on his face.

They stood there in total silence for a few moments in till Hermione, slightly impatiently said, "If you'll parden me, I was heading up to the library."

Draco seemed to have snapped out of a day dream, "oh.. um , speaking of the library I was just heading up there myself." He cleared his throat.

Hermione raised an eyebrow, "are you sure about that Malfoy? Don't you have some hufflepuffs to torment?"

Draco looked slightly taken aback at Hermione's comment. 'The way I used to talk her.. I deserve the tone she's giving me.' He thought.

He ran a hand through his bleached blonde hair, he looked at the ground seeing his dirty sneakers through a gap in his cloak at the bottom of his feet.

He covered his shoes hastily , he shouldn't be seen wearing something so ragged and dirty. "Please.. call me Draco " he said looking back up at Hermione's elegant figure.

Hermione was slightly confused, Draco had always been.. well a butt to her. "And you can call me Hermione " she said.

Draco and Hermione gave each other slight smiles. 'I don't know why Ron and Harry hate mal- Draco' she thought to her self , 'he's quiet nice at the moment '

The two started walking up to the library, "So, why are you going up to the library?" Draco asked trying to make a conversation with the girl who, a few days ago he had loathed.

"An extra credit report for Charms" Hermione said , "Professed Flickwhick said I didn't have to do it but I need to keep my grades up."

"So, what about you?" She asked Draco , fondness for the boy growing with every sentence he said.

"Well..." Draco said running the back of his neck sheepishly. "I was going to look for you" he said quietly as if already in the library.

"Really? May I ask why?" Hermione said intrigued.

Draco nodded and cleared his throat. "I have this problem.. and you're obviously going to be the best one to help me.

"Because of my brains?" Hermione said slightly disgusted that Draco only was talking to her for her smarts.

"No..." Draco said shoving his hands into his pocket as they rounded the corner. Most of the school was in hogsmead but the prefects were aloud to roam the halls.

"Why then?" Hermione said, a little happier that he didn't see her for just her smarts. 'Wait.... why do I care? A day ago I didn't even think that Draco was a human. I thought he was an overgrown ferret.' (I need to make the 4th book references ok )

"Because of your passion, I know that once you set your mind to something you won't stop easily. I need some one like that" Draco said stopping and leaning against a wall.

Hermione turned to look at him, "I'm flattered, so what can I do to help?" She said her bushy hair slipping back into place.

"Don't tell anyone about this. " Draco said, "my family has been having money issues, but that's not the problem. What the problem is, is that I- well.. I've been having weird dreams. Not dreams.. prophecies  really. They say I'm going to be hurt, me and my family."

Hermione looked at Draco, his hair was blowing in his face slightly due to the slight breeze. "I can give you a set of spells to protect yourself with.. I don't know what else to do except to tell you to tell Dumbledore."

Draco shook his head, "be my friend Hermione ?" He said with a great effort.

Hermione nodded, "gladly, if you'll be mine."

Draco nodded to her, "no one should know about this. "

"Because they'll tease you?" Hermione said, feeling bad that the boy couldn't have the friends he wanted out in the open.

"No, because they'll tease you" Draco said gazing at Hermione, a slight red tint creeping up his cheeks.

Hermione blushed as she realised she was closing the gap between her and Draco.

Draco leaned in and kissed Hermione. Hermione blushed deeply, Draco's lips were soft as feathers. She kissed back running a hand through the male's hair, which was also ssoft

Draco put one hand on Hermione's waist, one on her back. The two broke apart and Hermione blushed deeply. They heard footsteps and the voices of Ron and Harry.

Harry and Ron rounded the corner. They saw Draco and Hermione and stopped short, "Is he bothering you Hermione?" Ron asked then , without waiting for an answered turned to Draco "Get lost you mutated ferret "