When you love someone

Start from the beginning

It was a cold December night and the coldness doesn't help at all. Jinyoung thought that since it's quite cold he might felt numb but he didn't. The coldness of that December night just adds to his nervousness. He and Daehwi is sitting side by side while waiting for Daehwi's parents.

Suddenly, he felt Daehwi's hands on his. "Calm down, babe. You're shaking too much? Are you cold? I'm sure I turned the heater on", the boy said. "Or you are just nervous? I told you that you shouldn't be right? Mom and Dad will surely like you. Just be yourself, okay?", Daehwi added and squeezes Jinyoung's hands. "But still babe -", Jinyoung is shushed by Daehwi as the boy's parents arrived.

"Hi Mom, Hi Dad!", Daehwi greeted his parents and kissed their cheeks. "G-g-good evening Mam, Sir. I-i'm B-bae J-jinyoung", Jinyoung doesn't help but stutter because of what he is feeling. "Oh, calm down young man! We are not going to eat you", Daehwi's dad said and smiled at Jinyoung. "I'm sorry, Sir", Jinyoung said without stuttering, gladly. "Don't call him Sir, Jinyoung-ah. You should call us Mom and Dad", Daehwi's mom said. "Okay, M-mom".

"So what did you like about our Daehwi?", Daehwi's mom asked. "Uhm, I really do not know what I like about him. I just love the way he is. I like that he's small, I like how he whines whenever I teased him and how he light my dark world", Jinyoung replied as Daehwi's parents feel look at each other. "Uhm, Daehwi-yah! Could you ask Chanmi-noona to prepare foods for us?", Daehwi's dad asked. "Sure, Dad."

"Jinyoung-ah, you know that I don't oppose you and Daehwi being together, right?", Daehwi's mom said and Jinyoung just nod. "Ever since Daehwi is still a child, we already thought about this situation. I mean - he dating a guy. At first, we thought why? Of course, at first, we didn't accept it because he's our only son but as time goes by, we eventually accepted it."

"...That's why I want you to take care of him. You're the first guy he dated that he introduced to us. You know, Daehwi is quite popular with both genders in LA, right?", Mom said and laughed together with Daehwi's dad. "Yes, Mom. I know about that. He always brought that up whenever we talked about what will happen to us when we break up, hahaha", Jinyoung just replied. He kinda get pissed at the thought but he just brushed it off.

"...Please take care of our Daehwi. Please, whenever you quarrel, don't let your anger take control. And whenever you have problems just talk it out, okay? It'll be great if you two will be together forever. We don't want our Daehwi to experience heartbreaks", Daehwi's mom pleaded. "Yes, Mom. I'll make sure to do the things you told me. I'll take care of Daehwi", Jinyoung said and smiled, the same time, Daehwi arrived. "What did you talk about? Don't tell me, you exposed my past, Mom?", he said as soon as he arrived and sit beside me.

"Don't worry, darling. Be grateful that we didn't", Daehwi's mom replied and winked at Jinyoung. "Later, after we eat I'll show you Daehwi's baby pictures", she said and stand up. "Moooom! Please dont, omg!", Daehwi scoffed and turn at his parents who's now walking towards the kitchen. "It's okay, Hwi. I'll still love you anyways", Jinyoung said and pulled Daehwi up so they can eat.