Trapped

A wave of exhaustion overcame him as he sat up in bed, which would be considered a bit odd since he just woke up. But it didn't matter. He stood up and began stretching, to wake himself, and began to plan the day out.
Maybe he'd have free time since surely no one was going to continue the killing game. He walked over to his closet and pulled out one of the many identical outfits. He slipped into it and nodded, still silently yawning. He decided he'd spend time with Himiko today since he's feeling a bit lazy.
Shuichi walked over and turned the door knob only to be met with someone who was about to knock on his door. "Oh. Hello there... Kokichi? Do you need something?"
"No! Of course not! I just wanted to visit the best person in the world!"
"I'm a little hurt to ask, but that's a lie... right?"
"Maaaaaaaybe~ I'm actually looking for Kii-boy! Do you know where he's at? I have a soda can right here that needs to be disposed of."
"He's not... never-mind. No. I don't have a clue on where he is right now. Maybe check the casino or the cafeteria?"
"But that's so far! Ugh. Fine." After a very annoying conversation, Kokichi finally stomped away. Shuichi could now exit his dorm room. After shutting it, he walked out of the dorm and made his way to the cafeteria, looking to feed himself. As he approached the front side of the school, he saw someone running out of it.
He squinted his eyes to try and figure out who it was but before he could piece it together, the figure rushed past and grabbed his hand, dragging him away. "Hey! Wait!" This was not an event he wanted to start the morning off. Though.... they were moving kind of slow so it wasn't too bad.
After about ten minutes of running, Shuichi and the figure were standing behind an old shed they found in one of the school's small forests, its back door open. Shuichi was panting heavily while the figure kept looking around. After catching his breath, Shuichi spoke, "Kiibo... what's.. wrong?"
Kiibo pulled his head away from the corner and looked towards Shuichi, bowing apologetically. "I'm sorry, Shuichi. Kokichi entered the cafeteria yelling something about a can at me. All of the sudden, he held said can in his hand and started to chase me. I do not know the exact reason but I feel like it was for some robophobic reason. So I ran as fast as I could, though I'm not quite fast. You were in my path and so I decided I'd drag you along."
Shuichi sighed and felt his head starting to hurt. "It's alright Kiibo. I feel like telling him where to go was partly my fault..." He began to cough a little bit which alarmed the Ultimate Robot.
"Shuichi! Are you alright?" He walked over to Shuichi and placed a hand to the detective's forehead, "You have a fever! But how is that possible? We're in an air tight sealed-"
"Kiibo!" Kokichi's voice rang out nearby which startled Kiibo. Scared, Kiibo jumped and pushed both himself and Shuichi into the shed. They both fell over and caused a broom to fall which then closed the door tightly behind them. Slowly, they both sat up and began to assess the situation. Shuichi's headache began to hurt more when he stood up and walked towards the door.
The whole place was pitch black, so all Shuichi could do to find the door was feel along the wall. His hand rubbed over a shelf which contained gasoline, more gasoline, bleach, a few paper magazines (manuals), and finally, the end of the shelf. Soon enough, he found the door's knob and tried to turn it. He could feel the rust all around it so it didn't surprise him when the knob barely moved. And if he couldn't open it, then the robot with the strength of an old citizen that could barely lift Shuichi's leg probably couldn't open it either.
Defeated, he slumped to the ground and leaned his forehead against the door, feeling its cool metal.
Kiibo was just staring at the detective. He could see fine since he had been built with night vision. But seeing Shuichi look so defeated made him feel bad. This was his fault... and especially now since the detective is sick and can't get any help. "Shu... Shuichi. Come over here." Kiibo then adjusted the brightness of his electronic functions and especially his eyes. He soon became a dim nightlight. He also used this extra power usage to create a small bit of heat, to keep his companion warm.
Shuichi blinked and then sighed, feeling the pain in his head and now his body grow. He crawled over and sat against the wall that Kiibo had positioned himself next to. When he felt the warmth in the atmosphere suddenly grow, he wanted to quickly pull away and go to a cooler place but he knew staying warm would be what he needed most. He began to feel drowsy and felt his eyelids grow heavier and heavier until he could no longer stand having him open. His strength gave way and the strength he used to hold himself upright vanished, causing his head to jerk downwards. He shot up at the sudden pain in his neck and sighed.
Kiibo felt an overwhelming guilt wash over him. "Shuichi, cover your ears." Shuichi blinked but was in too much pain to ask why. He placed his thin, pale hands over his ears and waited. Kiibo then cupped his hands and gave a shout for Monokuma. Unlike usual, Monokuma did not come.
Kiibo sighed and tapped on Shuichi's shoulder, who released his ears. "If you're tired... then maybe I could lend my shoulder to rest while we wait. Oh! And if you need a scratch, then you can scratch my back so I can scratch yours!"
Shuichi sighed and spoke, "I don't think," he laid his head on the robot's shoulder, "You know what that means..." it took him only a few seconds before he drifted off to sleep.
Kiibo turned his head and stared at Shuichi, who appeared to be sleeping. It took him a moment to realize that he was just... staring. He moved his head back towards the door and tried to think. This was familiar. Very familiar. He tried to review his database, trying his best to find where he's found a similar situation.
The library! In the library, there had been a book that had fallen off the shelf. Kiibo had been in the library and noticed it was on the ground. He reached down and was about to put it away when he noticed it was a book on romance. He held very little information on such a topic and decided it'd be a good read through to gather information. He spent a good while trying to evaluate and assess the problems in the book. He even got emotionally invested and started to cry when the couple had their first fight. But why was this coming up?
Chapter 24: in about ten pages in the chapter, the main character and the love interest became trapped in a much smaller closet. The love interest had grown very tired, since it had been in the middle of the night, and was trying to find a comfortable place to sleep. The main character, after calling for help, then sat down and offered themselves as a soft place of rest. The love interest had then blushed and began talking about how awkward that'd be but the main character denied it. After enough convincing, the love interest finally placed their head on the main character's lap. It took a few more lines of the love interest falling asleep, but then the main character reached down and... kissed the sleeping love interest.
Kiibo looked over once more at Shuichi and felt his gaze immediately fall on the defenseless detective's lips. Kiibo grew immediately flustered and looked back at the door, hugging his knees closer to his chest. Why did he have such an... impure thought? Was it really impure? "I-It has to be spur of the moment!" Kiibo yelled out, quickly slapping a hand to his mouth. He felt his systems grew hotter. He began to panic and tried to calm down and cool down. He certainly didn't want to burn Shuichi!
Just as he finally settled down, he heard something from outside. It sounded like two muffled voices. Soon the doorknob began to slowly move and break the rust. After a moment, the door slammed open to reveal Monokuma and Kokichi.
It was a moment of silence before everyone had processed what's been revealed to them.
"Wow Kii-boy! I didn't even know robots were capable of such affection! You learn something knew everyday!"
"W-Wait! It's not what it-" Kiibo was then interrupted by Monokuma, who had walked over and was staring at Shuichi.
"WAKE UP!" Shuichi shot awake, jumping and getting into a defensive stance. He seemed... afraid. But after a moment of regret, his knees buckled and he fell back down to a kneel. He stared at Monokuma and sighed.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I just..."
"Well what can you do! What surprised me is that you even found this place. I wasn't planning on releasing it to the public any time soon."
Kokichi ran over and pulled Kiibo into a hug, to which he immediately began to pull away and began to ask, "What do you mean?"
"Well! This shed was to be used to..." Monokuma then began to dance in place, steam coming out of... something and his white fur began to turn a pinkish red, "to increase young and steamy teenage love of course. Seven minutes in Heaven, make-out sessions... but then the love hotel was built and so I trashed the place." His figure then changed as he immediately started screaming, "You kids weren't supposed to find this place!"
Kokichi then started to laugh and backed off Kiibo, pointing at Shuichi, "Seems like this place served it's purpose though!" Shuichi sighed as Kiibo restored his original functions. They all stood up and were about to leave until Shuichi fell over. He caught himself on a shelf, knocking over some buckets that were laying next to it. He had his hand over his mouth as his cough grew harsher and louder. Something else spewed out but he didn't say.
Monokuma stared at him and then began to laugh, "Oops! So that's where that serum went!" He started laughing, "This would've been a perfect motive if I hadn't poured all the serum into that microwaveable meal... and found the notes torn up by one of my cubs." Kiibo stared at Monokuma with confusion while Kokichi just sighed. But Shuichi's eyes widened. "That's why it tasted..."
"And yet you still ate it? What kind of detective are you?" Shuichi ignored Kokichi's comment as he stood upright, his legs shaking. Kiibo stared at the fighting detective, somewhat proud but mostly worried.
The robot felt a bit of anger and started screaming at Monokuma, "This is your fault! Didn't you say you wouldn't want to kill us yourself? Save him! Give him the antidote!"
"Whoa! Calm down there! Of course I wouldn't want to kill him! That's your job, puhuhuhu! I have the antidote hidden somewhere. If the Ultimate Detective would just-" Shuichi then fell to his knee, coughing again, "If the Ultimate Robot could carry-"
Though he didn't want to admit it, Kiibo spoke out, "I can't carry Shuichi... I'm too weak."
"Wow! How useless! And you're supposed to be a robot!" Kokichi laughed out at him.
"That's robophobic..."
Monokuma clearly became mad and screamed for his kids, who immediately appeared. After a bit of explaining, an exisal appeared and Monophanie was soon carrying Shuichi and Monokuma somewhere. The cubs then left.
There was just Kiibo and Kokichi standing there.
"So~" Kokichi laughed and stared at Kiibo with a questioning and evil face, "How far did you and Shuichi go~?"
"H-Huh? What do you mean?" Kokichi sighed and put his hands behind his head as he began to walk away, "Nevermind! Of course a robot wouldn't understand what I mean."
"T-That's robophobic!"