That catches her attention. Akiko listens carefully.

"And they showed us the library," Midoriya adds. He twiddles his thumbs, a bit nervous about disagreeing with his childhood friend.

The girl frowns. You did all that? It was. . .unusually nice of you. And the only time you were unusually nice. . .

She closes her eyes and breathes out, feeling guilty. Today must have been a bad day. How could she not have noticed?

She is still learning.

"A-actually. . .Akiko, Kimiko, Kojii. I wanted to. . .ask you something," a timid voice interrupts her thoughts.

The black-haired girl perks up. Kojii and Kimiko pause in their hissing to listen.

"What is it, Midoriya?"

He flushes red in embarrassment. "I was wondering how long you all have known [L/Name]. . .I-I understand that it's a personal question! I was just c-curious--so you don't--"

"It's fine," Akiko reassures him. How long you'd been friends. . .she feels a smile growing.

"I met them about, maybe, two months before the school year began?"

"Huh? So, not that long then," Uraraka says, surprised.

"How did you meet?" Yaoyorozu asks, also curious. Akiko's smile only grows.

"It was through the Nakamura siblings," she tells her, leaning back in her chair. Kimiko giggles.

"Yup! Me and Kojii--"

"Kojii and I," her brother corrects, but she ignores him and continues.

"Me and Kojii met [Name] first! During junior high."

---------

.

.

.

If there is one thing society cannot let go of, it is fear.

Because of their typically unusual and outward appearance, those with mutant-type Quirks were often feared. People fear the unusual, after all. And when people are afraid, they lash out.

But the Nakamura siblings never experienced that sort of hate. In fact, it was the opposite--they were loved, admired, and grew up to believe that they were above it all.

Kimiko only watched as they made fun of her classmate. He had four horns growing out of his head--three on his left, and one on his right. He, too, only watched as his worksheet was torn up. It had been a long time since he'd last cried, thought Kimiko. He used to be such a crybaby.

Kimiko didn't help. She was better than that. As the bullies laughed, she felt a small smile of her own rise, and chuckled lightly at the boy. He was pathetic. A dirty mutant. She was strong. A Nakamura, a daughter of a family known for their powerful mutant-type Quirks.

"Hey, stop it."

But there was someone even she could not beat.

Her class representative stood protectively in front of the boy's desk. They were frowning.

"Really? Just because the teacher stepped out for a minute?"

The bullies cowered and fled to their desks.

Kimiko hated them. [Name][L/Name] and their powerful Quirk. Why would they lower themselves down to some lowly victim's level?

She growled, annoyed.