Chapter 1

Lying on a cheap red and rusted creeper, staring up at the old and rusted catalytic converter beside the muffler, I worked on repairing the catalytic converter and saving the car from catalytic poisoning. I grunted and groaned as I attempted to repair the old car that didn't seem to be honestly worth it's money.

"Monreau!" the familiar booming voice shouted from the doorframe in between the garage and the main small building. "You're up with a customer! Stop working on that hunk of junk!"

I cursed colourful words under my breath before wheeling the creep, using my heels, out from underneath the car so I could fully sit up. When I was out from underneath the bumper of the car, I sat up with my butt on the creeper and my feet on the concrete. I pushed away stray pieces of my bronze coloured hair that had escaped my black threaded elastic and from underneath my red baseball cap. I had rust stains on my hands from the rusted catalytic converter. I wiped my hands on my navy blue jumpsuit, right over my hip bones.

"On my way, Rooney!" I called back, standing to my feet. My boots clicked slightly from the heaviness of them as I walked. I wiped my sleeve across my forehead, wiping any remnants left on my slightly greasy sleeve.

Rooney, the pudgy man had a billowing stomach, his navy jumpsuit barely able to zip up fully over his big chest. He was nearly bald with greasy black strands of hair from his shiny head. He had a circular bald spot on the back of his skull. His eyes were wide, even for his age, with crows feet coming from the corners of his eyes. His nose was wide, his nostrils naturally flared. His lips were thin, due to age, but were probably very plump when he was younger. His teeth were perfectly structured and perfectly white, his very dark complexion bringing out the whiteness of his teeth.

"He's one of Paul's men." Rooney explained as I walked by, squeezing my small frame between the space that Rooney gave me in the doorway.

"One of Paul's men?" I asked, in a clarification way.

Rooney just simply nodded. "Just get on it." he grumbled, his deep and raspy voice booming against the concrete walls.

"I got it, Rooney." I grumbled and walked into the main building, smelling the familiar scent of rubber from the tires.

In the main building, Harvey spoke with the two young men standing at the desk. Both men had their eyebrows furrowed and their glares tense as Harvey spoke to them. Both men were broad shouldered and appeared to be well built underneath their leather jackets that were baggy on their bodies, but hugged their strong biceps nicely. One of the men had jet black hair that was short but spiked up in the front slightly in a whoosh. His eyes were dark and big but narrowed slightly at Harvey. A small amount of black stubble was on his face, adding maturity to his face. The other man was just as buff as the black haired one but even taller, by at least two or three inches. The taller man had very curly long chocolate brown hair that was slicked back underneath his red baseball cap, but he had no facial hair as the smaller one had. He had striking green eyes that narrowed at Harvey.

"Ah. There is Monreau." Harvey announced as I approached the two men.

Both men turned to me, skeptical looks on their face, when their eyes suddenly widened from some sort of shock or dismay. Their jaws dropped slightly, making their light pink part in shock.

"H-Hello, nice to m-meet you. I'm M-Monreau." I introduced myself, extending out my slightly greasy right hand. I had a slight stutter when I met someone that was new or someone that I didn't know well. It was something that I had always loathed about myself and wished that I could wash off like the grease stains from my hands and face.

"But you're a girl." the dark hair one scoffed, his tone harsh.

"Y-yes I am." I stuttered, mustering up all of the confidence that I could.