Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"Oh Tara you look simply wonderful!"

"Come now everyone is waiting for you." May pulled my hand and led me to the grand staircase of the main hall and on the other side of the staircase was Romulus looking as dashing as ever in a black suit and a simple white shirt. Romulus gazed me up and down looking completely bewildered and awestruck.

Panic started to shoot through me like bullets through the heart as I heard all the people chatting and asking what I looked like only knowing that I was extremely young for my title.

I looked at Romulus with pain in my eyes and he looked at me with his deep, green eyes reassuring me that everything was going to be okay.

"Now presenting his royal majesty Alpha Romulus Wolfric and our new Luna Tara Scott!"

Romulus and I started walking towards each other revealing ourselves to the public and as soon as Romulus grabbed my hand the panic went away. I felt warm, and calm as Romulus's big thumb soothed over my knuckles.
We walked hand in hand down the grand staircase. seeing all the people oo and awe at us everyone was dressed in bright and enchanting colors. as we descended the stairs Romulus leaned over to my ear whispered.

"Do you know how hard it was to stay away from you all day? How hard it was to hear the quickening of your heartbeat when you were panicking. Even though I was just down the hall. Never again."

I looked at him and smiled.

"By the way did I forget to tell you how absolutely breathtaking you look tonight my little wolf like a true Luna, and always remeber you can do this, because you are not in it alone. I will always be there for you."

My heart fluttered at his thoughtful words, and we reached the bottom of the stairs.

Suddenly people swarmed us telling me I look beautiful, and how in the world did Romulus find me. I gripped Romulus's arm just a little bit tighter.

Romulus answered all the questions that were being thrown at him without any hesitation to them. Then May interrupted everyone by clicking her glass and clearing her throat.

"Excuse me everyone. Would all please go into the ball room to join the future Luna an our Alpha in our generation old waltz."

"WHat?" I said in a panicked voice to Romulus.

"Don't worry about it. Its a very easy dance."

"Romulus I don't know how to dance the waltz."

"Then i'll teach you. Just like I've taught you every thing else." he winked. He lead the rest of the group into the grand ballroom with my arm still linked in his.

Extravagantly beautiful would be and insult to how remarkably beautiful this ballroom was. There was candles lit everywhere with a grand chandelier hanging from the Picasso ceiling. the ceiling depicted images of angels floating in heaven, and that's exactly where I felt like I was.

Soon when everyone got a dance partner the slow, romantic music of the band started playing. Romulus pulled away then bowed and I curtsied to him smiling, and giggling like a moron. He then rose up and slowly and seductively slid his hand around my waist and took my other hand in his, and he put my other hand around his neck.

"Don't worry it's easy see?" he was stepping left then right and he tried twirling me but I completely failed at it.

We stopped at I sighed in frustration.

"I can't do this. I don't know how to. "

He stopped and looked down at my feet. "Well I guess we are going to have to take baby steps then." he pulled me closer to him then lifted me up jut enough so that my feet were on his feet.

"Romulus!"

"Hush. See look you're dancing."
He stepped with the rest of the crowd but didn't twirl when they did. I held on to Romulus and he danced for the both of us.

I laughed the entire way through it, and he did too. God it was so nice to see him laugh in his deep voice. When he laughs he's a whole different person. He's not some strong, and invincible Alpha. He's just a man, a man with deep dimples, and light green eyes. He looked almost boyish when he laughed. So it made me laugh, I think I love this man even more than I love the Alpha one.

The rest of the night went perfectly after that dance. I didn't feel worried about anything. I met everyone and remembered all they're names. I didn't have a worry in the world with Romulus by my side.

When the night ended and everyone went to bed to prepare themselves for the wedding tomorrow. Romulus and I went and laid down in bed.
We laid there gazing at each other.

"See I told you, that you would be great. Did I not?"

"Yes you did."

"Now have I eased all your troubles?"

"Yes. Thank you Roman."

He smiled brightly and pulled me into his chest.

I heard him softly breathing then he asked me something.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?"

"No." I turned in his arms. "Are you?"

"No."

"Good now go to sleep we have a big day tomorrow."

I turned back around my back to his chest and fell asleep.