One

Six months ago...

Click! Flash!

"Donny! Donny! Over here!"

"May upcoming projects ka ba now thay you're done with your short break from the limelight?"

"Are you seeing anyone now that you're single again?"

Screams and cries filled the air that hot day on the beach as one of Philippines' hottest teen star, Donny Pangilinan, was trying to escape from paparazzi. He was recognized by fans trying to score photos and autographs. This attracted the media who were always eager to get a story on the 20 years old heartthrob. Especially now that he just came back from a brief showbiz break after his controversial break up with the singer and vlogger, Janina Vela.

How do I know all of these? Well, let's just say they were all over the news. Wow ha. He must've been really affected by the split for him to not divulge any information and by going awol from showbiz.

I watched all the drama unroll under my beach umbrella, in a corner where I would not get trampled over by the growing crowd. I tried my best to stay out their way. It seems like someone was bound to get hurt sooner or later. Yikes!

The reporters and fans that were following him didn't stop. They were going nuts about his unexpected presence.

"Donny, give us details about your break up!"

I saw Donny roll his eyes and released a heavy sigh as he tried his best to ignore press (which he was miserably failing in doing right now).

"Donny, ayon sa aming sources nakipag break ka daw kay Janina over the phone?!"

"Did you cheat on her with another teen star nga ba?!"

My eyes bulged as I saw the poor boy's face turn into pure anger. He tried to contain it and just put on his glasses and shook his head as ran away faster. Finally, when the people realized they weren't going to get anything out of him, they scattered away obviously pissed.

I decided that since the excitement's over, I'd be able to move from my hiding place to get a cold drink for the scorching summer heat.

"Good morning, ma'am! What can I get you?" The bartender asked me with a smile. I'm not sure, but it looks to me like Marco (the name on his name tag) was trying to flirt. Meh.

I replied in a cheerful tone, "One strawberry milkshake with extra whip cream, please," I paused to think about what snack to get. "Oh, and a box of six chocolate donuts. Take out!" I continued. The creepy bartender winked at me before preparing my order. I just rolled my eyes at him and sat on the nearby stool. 'What a fvckboy,' I thought to myself.

Marco gave me my orders and handed me my change together with a folded piece of paper. When I opened it, it was his number written there with a wink smiley. I cringed. I don't have time for this.

I quickly turned around and began walking back to my shaded area with my head down, and eyes on my delicious smoothie. I was so eager to take The temperature today wasn't helping either since it's summer. I'm convinced that clumsy is my middle name because the next thing I knew, I bumped into a wall and crashed down with my drinks spilling on me, my donuts flying around, and a few of my other things scattered all over the place.

There you go, Kisses. You were complaining about the weather being hot so you decided to dump your drink all over you. Just great. However, I gasped when I realized that it wasn't a wall I crashed into but a guy's chest.

"Hala! S-sorry po talaga! Kasalanan ko kasi di ako nakatingin sa dinaraanan ko." I quickly mumbled apologies. I couldn't bring myself to look up from embarrassment. I just kept my head down, trying to hide the blush that's been creeping up my cheeks.

Huh. Way to go! Not only did I spill my drinks and food but the stranger's drink as well. I began picking up the mess in panic when a hand went on mine to stop me.

"Oh no, that's fine. I should've looked at where I was going. It's kind of hard to see with my dark sunglasses," a deep, raspy voice sounded like music to my ears.

"No, seriously. I-" My throat went dry when I looked up and saw who the person was. My jaw dropped and sweat began to form on my palms and forehead. Could it really be him?

--------------
Hi! I'm not new to Wattpad but it feels like I am hahaha. I used to have an old account here, pero nakalimutan ko ang password and the email pass as well. Life isn't fair but whatever. Now that I've finally gotten my degree, it feels so good to be back and do what I'm truly passionate about. I'm a huge fan of Kisses ever since her PBB days and I am always so supportive of whoever she gets paired with. For my first work here, I decided to write a very short story about DONKISS because how could you now love them?! They have natural chemistry and are so cute <3

Please tell me what you guys think because it would mean so much to me. Thank you!