ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ∎︎ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ

ʜᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs, 1976

ʜɢᴡᴀʀᴛs, 1976

C┚ʏɴᴛʜɪᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀʙʏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ. Constantly letting others take what she had and letting people leave her just in a snap.

Of course, she didn't mind. A long winding history of abandonment and heartbreak taught her not to care about what she considered trivial things like love and 'fun' anymore. If someone wanted her homework, Cynthia wouldn't mind. If someone wanted to go to Hogsmeade with her, she'd just silently agree, even if the trip would be spent with the said person dragging her along into different shops and attempting to make small talk. She hated small talk.

Sometimes Cynthia wondered why she was put in Gryffindor, The House Of The Brave! And Incredibly Stupid!

What would she do to prove herself as brave and courageous? Battle a basilisk?

She had friends of course, the small friend group consisting of Lily Evans, Emmeline Vance and Romulus Greenwells. They all met back in first year and had stuck like spellotape ever since.

Now, the friend group in question were all sat in their compartment on the Hogwarts Express, discussing how James Potter couldn't get any more arrogant.

Romulus suddenly stood up, put his hands on his hips and declared, "Lily Evans will be my wife and she will be called Lily Potter! I will swear on my Quidditch card selection and my chocolate frog cards!" Emmeline also stood up, trying her best not to burst out with laughter.

"And I, Sirius Orion Black, declare that I will be a womaniser till the end of my days! Even if I'm not actually good in the sack!" The group heard a thump outside the door. Lily widened her eyes and mouthed 'Potter?'

"No, it's just the train reaching a bump. It'll be a first year." Romulus reassured her and quickly went back into his James Potter impression.

"Now, Lily-Flower. Dance with me!" He attempted to pull her up.

Cynthia cleared her throat and stood up. "No, Potter!" She crosses her arms and gave an exaggerated hair flick, "I would never dance with you if it was between you and the Giant Squid!"

"You'll be mine, Lily Flower."

"Never! I'm going to Remus!" Cynthia leaped towards Emmeline, dragging her up. The noirette grumbled But joined in.

Emmeline coughed, "I've got the hots for Dorcas Meadows."

"NO I DON'T!" The group turned towards the door. They had heard a rather familiar voice from outside the door.

"Still a bump on the tracks?" Lily smirked at Romulus and opened the door, letting James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew fall in. "I KNEW IT!"

"Um, Lily." Cynthia pointed to James, who had grabbed hold of her skirt as he lay on the floor.

"Potter, let go of Cynthia's skirt." Romulus sternly said, lending a hand for the boy to get up. James grunted and swatted away Romulus' hand.

"Cynthia?" He asked, now off the floor and staring at her.

"Yes."

"No, I mean. Cynthia what? Cynthia and your surname?"

"Weatherby."

"Cynthia Weatherby. Never heard of you." She rolled her eyes. Holding out a hand, he murmured, "James Fleamont Po-."

"I know who you are." Cynthia pursed her lips, "The annoying twat that annoys my sister."

"Sister?" Sirius asked, his grey eyes darting between Lily beside him and Cynthia in front of him.

"Well not birth sisters. More like practically sisters. We've known each other since we were like 5." Lily added, watching as Sirius slowly nodded.

"How? Are you Muggleborn?"

"Halfblood. But wizard dad left so I'm practically Muggleborn. Mum and I live on Lily's street."

"Oh." James looked like he was deep in thought. Peter slapped the back of his head, snapping him out of his trance. "It was a pleasure meetin-."

"For you, maybe. I'll get Romulus to obliviate me after you leave." Emmeline snorted, making Sirius turn to her.

"Vance, didn't see you there. Want to meet up after dinner for some catch up?"

"Um, no thanks." Sirius nodded. Emmeline shoved him towards the door, "Try not to get anyone pregnant this year."

"Fetus Deletus, no more believe us."

"Just get out already." Lily scoffed as James blew her a kiss. Eventually they left, letting Romulus let out a breath.

"Tough crowd huh?"

"Oh shut up, mules."

:)