Chapter 1: House Pet

[I'll be writing this story a little different than my other xReaders by putting the story in a side character's perspective.]

Musa Kendall looked like a house pet.

He wasn't fat, but his chubby cheeks betrayed his age of twenty-two, and no matter how hard he tried to style his hair, it usually came out to be a tangled black mess that made him appear to have just gotten out of bed. He wore the cleanest of clothes, including the usual accessory of an Omega collar, worn by unmated Omegas who wanted to take an extra pre-caution against the Alpha population.

Who, according to them, have commented that his best feature was his amethyst colored eyes.

Musa Kendall acted like a house pet.

With a meek personality, he tended to keep to himself in a small sunny corner of the Whitdenn Daily. He'd shyly smile at anything that didn't seem too threatening, like the Betas who worked at the entrance of the four story building, otherwise he'd keep his eyes downcasted and hope that all of the cut-throat Alpha journalists and reporters wouldn't look his way and think of him as some sort of threat to their territory.

Perhaps that is why everyone at the Whitdenn Daily referred to Musa Kendall as just that.

"Oi, House Pet." A strangled noise came from the ravenette's throat as he scalded his tongue and quickly placed the cup of hot coffee down on the counter and turned his head with wide eyes to look at the newest Beta intern who returned the stare with a cool expression.

"A-ah, it's just...Musa..." The Omega attempted to correct the Beta, before he sighed at the knowledge of the uselessness and he picked up his mug once more. "Yes?" Musa then asked, beginning to retreat back in the direction of his desk and doing his best to ignore the hungry stares he got from many of the Alphas who sat in their cubicles. He should be used to them by now, but he still acted like a scared pup with his tail between his legs.

The Beta, seeming unconcerned by all of this, followed after Musa. "Alpha Villegas wants you in her office." He stated, immediately stopping right before he could collide into the back of the tense Omega.

"A-ah, I see." Musa murmured, beginning to shake at the thought of his boss and the owner of the Whitdenn Daily. "D-Did she say, w-why?" He asked in a hushed tone, though knowing the sharpness of an Alpha everyone around could probably hear their conversation.

The Beta raised an eyebrow, before he released an exasperated sigh. "You know just as well as I do not to question the demand of an Alpha." He declared.

Musa hesitantly nodded his head, before releasing a sigh of his own. "I will head her way this instant." He then told the Beta, who nodded his head before turning around and going to assure their boss that he had delivered the intended message.

Once getting to his desk near the window, at the furthest corner of the large room, Musa placed his mug on the wood before he collapsed onto his chair. The male closed his eyes tightly, attempting to keep his heartbeat and breath even paced, before he snatched up the suggestive sticky notes that had been placed on his desk while he had been gone for mere minutes. He tossed them into the trashbin, once more ignoring the snickers and stares as he picked up a small notebook and began to go on his way to meet with his boss.

Jocelyn Villegas was not that bad, as far as Alphas went. She was a hard-ass, no doubt, and a perfectionist. But she cared for her employees, as shown by where she had mercifully placed Musa's desk as well as even thinking about hiring an Omega in an environment that was intended only for those who were sure to make it in the world. She was demanding, unpenetrable, and most importantly...