Chapter 2:

Cameron’s POV

The person next to me was crying and I’m pretty sure someone might have fainted. Ansel walked right by me and god did he look good. He was wearing a blue and black flannel shirt and on the pocket, it had a cloud saying ‘Okay?’ and black skinny jeans with some black Vans. Ansel’s brown hair was so messy but he looked so hot and I could see his strong, buff biceps through the sleeves of his shirt. Shai sat by him, then Nat, and then John Green and they were behind a table. I can’t believe they had name tags, like all the fangirls(and fanboys) wouldn’t know their names.

Screams and sobs went on for about 5 minutes after they sat down and once it got quiet, I was bold and screamed.

“Ansel Elgort, I love you!! SO MUCH!” I shouted as loud as possible, even though he was right there. He scanned the crowd and he looked down at me and chuckled to himself, as I was taking a picture of him.

“I love you too, beautiful.” All these camera flashes and screams went off. After I put my phone down and looked at him, he quickly looked away and all I could do was bite my lip.

The process of the Q & A was really smooth and extremely pleasant. I highly loved how they wanted to make sure they made it an obligation to answer everybody’s questions. People had some pretty decent questions and some didn’t and others just stared in awe. For the most part, I just stared in awe and then I had a question. One I’ve been wanting to ask for a long time, for Ansel. His smile just made me feel all warm and tingly and him and Shai looked so cute together. I sheepishly raised my hand and wiggled my fingers, hoping he would see my hand.
Ansel’s POV

She looked like she genuinely wanted to be here, like many others. But something about her screamed that she was different. She had just been taking a lot of pictures and staring at me mostly, which I didn’t mind. I wanted to stare back, but staring is rude so like… that’s not a good first impression. She was wearing one of the Tfios shirts from Hot Topic and she had the prettiest little headband on made out of blue and white flowers. Her hair seemed long but I couldn’t really tell, but all I knew was that I had been giving her most of my attention secretly this whole time. Then, she raised her hand. I remember when I thought wiggling my fingers would make the teacher call on me and coincidentally, she did the same! She had a hopeful smile across her lips, her beautiful smile catching my eye. I shifted in my seat a little and Shai gave me that look like ‘Stop teasing her and call on the child’.

“Next question.” I said, dragging out the n at the end and then I looked at her. Her beautiful blue eyes sparkled as she kept stretching her arm.

“You, beautiful girl down in front.” I said, smoothly. She bit her lip nervously and then Shai spoke into her microphone.

“Its okay, don’t be shy.” Shailene nicely said. Then, she spoke.

“Oh my god, Ansel you’re like heaven on earth.” She stammered, her voice shaking. “Okay uhm, so...How do you see Augustus Waters in yourself?”

“Well,” I started, “I see him in me because he is so thoughtful and he likes to make people happy.” I heard Shailene giggle, which made me laugh a little. “Making people happy is what I like to do.” I winked because she recorded my answer to her question and I knew she’d watch it over and over.

“Thank you for answering my question.” She said, giving me a smug smile.

“Aye, it’s what I’m here for.” I replied, jokingly.

“Anyone else have a question?” I inquired. Throughout the crowd, I heard people screaming ‘Can we take pictures with you guys?’ and I looked down the row at everyone else. They just looked down at me and nodded, smiling.