Unpacking A Life

Unpacking A Life

After dropping their things off at his house, John rushes over to Emma's with Jack. He's more than nervous as he rings the door bell. She opens it with a bright smile and brilliant eyes. She's in a new outfit for the day, over-alls and a red tee-shirt. Her hair is down and no socks or shoes on her feet. John smirks at her energetic smiles.

"Come on in!" She takes Jacks hand in on hand and John's in another, which he didn't expect. Her petite, smooth hands make him feel like a barbarian from his calloused ones. They walk through the foyer and into a living room that is riddled with boxes up to the ceiling. The kitchen, den, and dining room are the same way.

"Wow... you gotta lot of stuff." John stares as he becomes consumed by everything.

"Well John, sorry but that's moving." She laughs and leads Jack to a semi cleared off kitchen table for him to color. "Look what I got for you Jack! A whole bunch of coloring books and crayons!"

Jack smiles and sits down quietly and opens a book of animals to color. She just smiles and John is mesmerized by her. Her laugh and smile, her curves and muscle tones, her eyes and lips- everything sends him to a weird place of happiness, he hasn't been in a very long time.

He didn't resize that he was staring at her because now she's facing him and giving him a face.

"Earth to John!" She says through cupped hands. he shakes his head of thoughts and looks at Jack. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking." She steps closer to him and he freezes. There's only about two inches between them. He feels his stomach swell and twist at the distance. She steps an inch closer and he feels even more nervous and excited at the same time.

"What were you thinking about?" Her voice is sultry and seductive. He feels a hot rumble in his stomach.

"I was just thinking about the house." He lies and she knows, but she doesn't say anything about it. She backs up and walks past him toward the living room. He exhales and wipes his face. He doesn't know why he lied and why he's so nervous. Following her, he steps into the living room and looks at all the boxes.

"It's gonna take a while, but all these boxes should've been separated into rooms, but they didn't. And dumb me didn't label the boxes, so we kinda have to go through box by box." She bites the side of her bottom lip and watches his facial expression change.

"Well look like we better get started." He smiles and they both grab boxes. The first box he grabs is full of kitchen stuff so he rights Kitchen on it and places it by the door.

As the piles dwindle it becomes darker. Emma stops and looks at him, who have found a box of her pictures and has one of her and a black horse.

"His name's Rugby. I used to jump in competition, but had to leave him at my Mom's when I moved. Haven't seen him in a while." She over by him now leaning over his shoulders with her arms crossed in front of his neck, as he sits on the floor. "It's getting late an I'm getting hungry. What does Jack usually like for dinner?"

"Oh you don't have to do that..."

"Nonsense. Yer' both famished and I could always go for cookin' so what'll want?" She stands up and heads to the kitchen. "Jack what'd ya like for dinner, babe?"

"Macin Cteese, pease." He is kneeling on her chair and has a wide grin on his face as he colors.

"Okay. I have that. You also want a grilled cheese?"

"Yesh! Pease!" He continues to color an she laughs.

"John, you like Mac' n Cheese and Grilled Cheese for dinner?" She calls to him.