Chapter 2

I rushed in my apartment and set down my groceries. I quickly dial mom's phone number. "Hey, sweetie." She said. I sat on my bed. "Mom, hey..It's been like two weeks. You didn't call me back." She silently moved around on the phone. "I've been busy." She said. My white cat, Snoww, sat next to me as I petted her. "Well, of course you were." I told her. She sighed. She hung up on me. Of course. I threw my phone onto the couch. Maybe mom was to busy smoking to talk with me. And I couldn't call dad either, because of his alcohol problem. I hate my dad. He's forty-nine, and he's dating a twenty year old girl, which embarrassed me so much. Even Abigail was as old as dads girlfriend. Having my parents divorce was so hard for me. I go into my small room around the hall and plop on my bed and turn on the television. I've been so in to suicidal shows lately, and I've learned so much. That to not to commit suicide, because you do have a meaning in life. I've been watching the show since I moved away from my old house on Cannon street, the street everyone says my sister died on. "Everyone has a meaning in life," the TV would say. Different unique people want to die, but this show inspires everyone that is suicidal. I heard rustling of my door opening and grocery bags. I shut the TV off and ran into the kitchen. I found Carlos. He came in with five bags on this finger tips. "You left these in my car." He said. "Oh sorry, Car. I must've set some bags down and called mom then forgot the rest." I said back. I went over to him. "Very specific." He said smiling. I kissed his lips and opened the bags. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay, Ali?" I looked at him and my smile faded. I hugged him tightly, knowing it was hard, but also knowing he didn't care. I let go and a smile came back to him. He helped me unload everything and I went back into my bedroom and got my pajamas on. I came out to see Carlos on the phone. I stood still. "Yeah, yeah. She's here. She's fine. Thank you." He hung up the phone. "Who was that?" I asked him coming out. "Just you're dad. He says you're not answering you're phone so he called me." I glared. "I mean, I don't wanna talk to him unless it's an emergency." I reminded him. He said, "I know, Alissa." That night, Carlos went home and I sat on the couch in the dark. The televisions light blinded me. I didn't listen to it. It was like it was only me on the world. I couldn't hear anything. I could not hear the cars on the streets, or the honking. I just didn't care about anyone, or anything at this moment. I didn't want to even live.