Chapter Two

"I need you in my life or I'm not alright, so don't walk away. I won't be okay if you do. I just don't wanna lose you. You've been losing faith for awhile now, and I'm at a loss for words. And for we are having problems, if you're willing, we can solve them in time. I'm just begging you to try."

- Jamestown Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Rainbow Dash nodded. As Derpy turned back around to face Rarity, she realized that Rarity had taken the key the Doctor had given her. As she stared at Rarity, images of what the Doctor had said popped into her head. Try not to take this off. I do not want it getting in the wrong hands! Derpy swiftly snatched the key and frantically tried trying it back onto the ponytail. As her hooves trembled and shook, she was unable to tie it back on. Tears filled her eyes. She sat on the crown and cried into her hoofs. Why did this have to happen! I'm still worried about losing the doctor and it hurts my heart! Derpy stared at the key, even through her extremely blury vision.

        Suddently, Derpy felt a hoof on her back. "What's wrong, Ditzy?" a soft voice asked, the sweet scent of the Doctor filling the room.

      Derpy could not stop her tears from falling as she mumbled, "I cannot lose the Doctor! It just breaks my heart!"

      The Doctor appeared in front of her and smiled. "You won't lose me, Ditzy! I promise. You just have to trust me, okay?" His words seemed sincere.

        Derpy nodded. She finally felt as if lies weren't being told straight to her face. Derpy quickly wrapped her self around the Doctor and she kissed his cheek. Aww! She is actually happy now. I'm so glad. The Doctor thought to himself. Derpy pulled away right as pregnant Twilight walked in. Flash walked in right behind her. Flash nodded to the Doctor and the Doctor just gave a quick smile. Twilight sat down in a chair and smiled at Rarity. Althought Derpy was quire surprised how far along Twilight was, she did not say a word.

        "Hi, Derpy." Twilight said with an exhausted smile. "How are you doing?"

        Derpy smiled. "Hello, Twilight! I'm doing alright, how about yourself?"

        Twilight seemed too exhausted to even talk. "I have to get home and cook for the Doctor and I," Derpy mumbled. Derpy stepped outside and spread her light grey wings. She took off like a bullet from a gun. "I'll meet you at home!" She yelled over her shoulder.

        Derpy flew to Fluttershy's cottage. Without seeing the mare for over a week, Derpy grew worried. It was time to see what was up. Upon reaching the door, Derpy noticed Fluttershy taking care of the little bunnies. She smiled when she realized Derpy was standing nearby. She hovered over to Derpy and gave a shy, yet welcoming smile. Attached to Fluttershy's mane was little Gummy. Derpy gave Fluttershy a cute little smile and poked her chest lightly. "Why, hello there, Fluttershy!" Derpy said cheeryfully.

        Fluttershy laughed and said in a small voice, "H-hi there..." her pale pink mane fell in front of her adorable green eyes.

        Derpy flapped her lightly colored grey wings softly and caused a slight breeze on Fluttershy's face. The two girls seemed to have nothing to talk about. Derpy looked over at the playful bunnies. "How are the bunnies?" Derpy asked, trying to keep the conversation going. Stupid question... she mumbled inside her head.

        Fluttershy looked at the dirt path ahead. "F-fine she mumbled."

        Suddenly, the cottage door opened, revealing a shirtless Big Mac. Derpy looked up in amazement. Fluttershy looked between Big Mac and Derpy. "It's not what you think!" Fluttershy yelled. Her cheeks turned a bright pink as she hovered quickly over to Big Mac. "I got a new bed today, you know. Big Mac just offered to come over and put it together for me. You know me! So clumsy and shy." Fluttershy began to ramble on and on. No one knew about their relationship. Not even any of the mane 6 could know... If Applejack knew, Fluttershy would be hung, or worse, tortured with feathers!

        Derpy chuckled. "Good morning, Big Mac."

        Big Mac nodded. "Mornin."

    Derpy looked to Fluttershy. "I understand what's going on here. I won't tell anyponyelse, I promise!"

        Fluttershy quickly tried to change the subject. "H-how's the Doctor?!"

        Derpy smiled and replied, "Good. He gave me this key...I was told not to let it fall into the wrong hands. Also...this...guy said I was retarded...You know that I'm not...like that...right?" Derpy's face seemed to turn sour.

        Fluttershy's face went from sweet and innocent to full of hatred and anger. Without a doubt, Fluttershy loves Derpy like a sister. Big Mac still stood in the doorway, slightly afraid of what was going to end up coming out of angere Fluttershy. Slowly but surely, he made his way over beside her. As he looked over at Derpy, he realized how depressed she looked. Derpy was staring at the ground with fear-filled eyes. Nobody knew how Derpy felt, but Fluttershy. I'm so useless! Derpy thought to herself. They never let me help clear the shy anymore. They say I'm 'too clumsy.' Nobody even wants to talk to me. They're all too busy with other people! Nobody talked, but eyes wandered around, as if they were looking around for an escape, for a way to end each other's pain.

        Finally, Big Mac spoke, "Derpy, are you okay?"

        Derpy shook her head. "Nothing is okay..." she mumbled. "It feels like nobody likes me. They always insult me and it still hurts like no other. I have no one to stop the hurt....Even the Doctor doesn't help me!"

        Fluttershy's face softened and she laid a hoof on Derpy's shoulder. "Derpy, I love you and you should know that Doctor Whooves and all of our other friends love you too. Don't let ANYBODY's hate get you."

        Big Mac's eyes got huge. He had never heard Fluttershy talk so much before. She always kept it short and sweet. He leaned up against the fence to hide his surprised reaction.

        Fluttershy blushed when she realized that Big Mac was still shirtless. It was hot and she didn't expect Big Mac to be outside until late. God! He's so hot! Fluttershy yelled deep within her mind. Fluttershy hid her face behind her hair and inched towards her cottage door. Suddenly, Angel, Fluttershy's pet bunny, hopped over and started pointing towards the fields. Derpy looked at Big Mac, then at Fluttershy. After a few seconds, Derpy took off into full flight towards the fields. Right before Derpy did so, angel jumped on her back. As Derpy flew, her beautiful wings casted a shadow over the buildings below.  Angel started tugging on Derpy's mane.