Notes

Your first day is full of surprise when your crush sits next to you in class...❤️

My entry for the #TKBMovieContest

~~❤️~~

You try to catch your breath, because you haven't been able to breathe properly since the moment he sat down next to you. The universe must be in a generous mood today, leading your crush right to you. He smiles, greets you in his unique way, that wink that sets your heart pounding. He seems glad to be in the same class with you, seated next to you.

"Looks like we'll be neighbors this year."

His whisper sends tingles down your spine, as he leans over, lips just about making contact with your skin. What you wouldn't do to feel those lips on yours. The thought makes you tremble, and you close your eyes in order to gain some control. He can't see you like this, so unnerved by his presence. Your deep breaths aren't helping.

As he passes the syllabus to you, his fingers brush against your hand, and you notice in horror that you're trembling. The paper shakes as you grab it from him so you immediately put it down, placing your hands under the table and in your lap. You realize you haven't said a word to him, other than "hi,' so you wrack your brain to come up with something that isn't embarrassing.

"How was your summer?"

You mentally pat yourself on the back for not sounding ridiculous, but realize the teacher has started class. It's too late for him to answer. Disappointment washes over you. Just when things had started to go smoothly with him...

But then a piece of paper is shoved in your direction. You look down and realize that it's a note. From him. Your heart begins to race once more as your still shaking hand seeks out the note.

It could have been better...

His answer to your summer question leaves you wondering. You pick up your pen and write back.

Sorry to hear that. Mine was all right but I'm glad school has started again.

You push the note back over to him, watching out of the corner of your eye as he looks down to read it. You think you detect a smile, but you can't bring yourself to turn your head to find out. His pencil scribbles a reply and suddenly the note is back on your side of the table.

I wasn't, but I am now.

Oh. If you thought your heart was racing before, it must be running at double speed now. Before you can raise your pen to write a response, he has snatched the paper back to his side. Was he going to change his reply? Your heart sinks wondering if he didn't mean what he said...if it wasn't really about you. In confusion, you look up in surprise, the nervousness replaced by possibility. Your eyes meet his, both shining with excitement...and something more. Then the note is returned with another message.

I was hoping I'd have a class with you.