I headed up the stairs of the jet and sat down in my given seat. This was about a three hour flight and It was exactly what I needed to find out how I would find Zen, and what the hell I could say to her. The jet took off after about ten minutes and we were on our way to Phoenix.

She said she was going to visit her granny and her brother which is the house that I needed to be at. I thought back to things she may have said about her granny, but nothing really came to mind. I remember her telling me she didn't talk to anyone on her dad's side, so it obviously couldn't be her granny on that side.

All I needed was a name, and I could go from there, but nothing came to mind. Zen always talked about her mama though I remember. I just never knew her name, out of all things. I immediatly pulled out my tablet and searched Zen's name.

Not much came up, but a few things did. I found that her mother's name was Paula Rice, and since she had never been married it was safe to say that her grandmother's last name was Rice too.

___

We arrived in Phoenix at about 11:30 that night and I was tired. I have no idea what made me that tired, but whatever it was was strong as hell. It took about twenty minutes to get to the hotel which wasn't too long. I checked in at the front desk when I got there, and that wasn't much at all being that everyone knew my face. I mean this would be my hotel in less than a decade.

I made it too the room and lay face first on the bed. It was good to get away sometimes, especially since I would be seeing Zen the next day.

When I woke up it was noon and that was just fine. I needed to get going anyway. I had the hotel receptionist find Zen's grandmother after I gave her all the information that I knew about the matter. She got everything done, and told me the address, phone number, and a few more things that I may need to know about them.

I headed on my way to the house which was a while away. It was all the way across the other side of town, a couple hours away. I didn't mind the ride. It only helped me prepare what I would say to Zen. On the ride there I called the number that I had gotten from the hotel.

It only rang a few times before a women that sounded a little ill picked up. "Hello?" she spoke lightly into the phone. "Hello, Ma'am" I said, putting on my formal voice, that I had developed from my dad sometime ago. "Yes, may I ask who's speaking?" The woman asked on the other line. "Yes, this is Ian Holt, am I speaking to a Ms.Rice?"

"You are, why are you calling though?"

"I am a friend of you're grand daughter's and I was wondering if I could come and visit her since I was down here"

"Oh yes! That would be nice of her to see one of her old friends" the woman exclaimed.

"Thank you, do you mind if I come by today?"

"That would be wonderful, she should be back in a little while, she just went to run a few errands"

"Okay thank you" I disconnected the call and smiled to myself. I felt like what I was doing was a good thing. A part of me is glad ma came and slapped some sense into me, or I'd be sitting in my bed looking dumb as hell.

___

When we arrived at the house, I told my driver to stay in the area until I called. He nodded and drove off. I stepped out the car. There was a really nice convertible in the parking lot. I examined the car carefully admiring it's exterior.

I nodded to myself wondering if it might be Zen's car. I broke my trance and headed for the door. I knocked and a few minutes later a women answered the door. She was a short, skinny woman. She had a light rash going across her nose and face, and she still had on pajamas. She looked a little weak, but still stable. "You must be Ian" She said moving aside so that I could walk inside.