6 | coffee shop intervention

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter six
COFFEE SHOP
INTERVENTION
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐chapter sixCOFFEE SHOP INTERVENTION└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ─────

LENA'S PARENTS FORCE HER to stay home the next day. Although the pounding in her head and lack of coordination have subsided, she still finds her brain twinging with pain after experiencing bright lights or loud sounds. That means no high school for the day. Midtown Tech would be a nightmare for her healing body.

Graham had dropped her things off early in the morning while she was still sleeping. Luckily, her parents hadn't asked why she had two sets of clothes (the ones in May's tote, and the ones in Graham's backpack) and instead sent him off to school with bibingka and his promise to give one to "that nice Peter boy."

Her phone is charging on her bedside table when she wakes up at ten a.m— a record amount of sleep for her. She checks it, slightly wincing at the blue light it emits, and discovers more than a few texts. Also a record.

GRAHAM CRACKER: why was peter parker helping you out last night?? and how do your parents suddenly know him and want to give him bibingka??

GRAHAM CRACKER: you have a lot of explaining to do when you wake up

GRAHAM CRACKER: but also i love you and i'm glad you're okay

PETER PARKER: Remember that intervention you were talking about last night???? I think we should have that today because Graham and Ned are very confused :/

NED LEEDS: peter told me you have a concussion. hope you feel better!

Lena smiles at the text from Ned. The entire Decathlon team has each other's numbers because they have a separate group chat to discuss meetings, group study sessions that never end up happening, and a lot of Charles accidentally sending unrelated texts to it because he thinks he's talking to someone else.

GRAHAM CRACKER: leaving me on read now? smh

LENA BENA: get back to class

LENA BENA: btw, love you too

Lena struggles to climb out of her bed and pads over to her bedroom door. Her head only has a dull ache, with no spinning or vision that blurs at random. Sleep is a miracle for the body to heal itself. Aside from a few bruises on her arms and stomach, along with a small twinge of pain in her ribs when she walks, she feels much better.