Chapter 13 - cook to keep Part 1

Start from the beginning

With a smile he asked with glee "certainly and what would it be?"

"While I have a shower, could you stand guard in my bedroom please and make sure nobody walks in?"

"Doesn't the door shut probably?" He asked playfully knowing full well what she had meant.

"It does" she replied feeling that frightful shiver shoot down her spine, as she gulped down a nervous knot in her throat, as she came up with an excuse. "But Kendor likes to let himself in and since there is no door that leads to the bathroom."

Before she could think of what to say next to convince him to help her, he had stood up still hovering from top of the table walking down an invisible small flight of stairs towards the floor never truly touching its smooth surface. He disappeared for a moment before reappearing at her side like a cloud of lilac smoke peering down at her with that mischievous smile of his. His voice seemed to know the truth as he said playfully "oh is that all dear Alinson? So it has nothing to do with the fact that your worried about being alone in that room? With those shadows still lurking about?"

Holding her arm feeling slightly nervous as she slightly bit her lip for comfort as she paused looking at the polished floor with the corner of her eyes as she thought for a moment, as Isaac stood beside her watching her face. She couldn't lie to him, he was the only one who knew about them, who believed her and not thought of her as a mere child still afraid of the dark. "Your right" she replied in a rasped low nervous voice as she remembered how daringly frightful the shadows had grown after the last week, making her dead the night or to sleep for they did not allow her to rest or have a moment of peace. In the day they did not do anything but she knew they were still there watching her, "some company would be nice, though I would appreciate if you wouldn't look while I bathe."

Without refusal as he would have done it anyway Isaac nodded in agreement, "of course, that goes without saying now, I'll meet you there and clear out the vermin."

Alinson seemed puzzled with confusion as her head shot up as she narrowed her brow, as she was confused by his choice of words "vermin?"

He didn't reply, he didn't need to say a word before she finally understood, as his became blank of any emotion with only his dark eyes portraying only a single emotion. He was serious and looked like he was going to deal with something he loathed, as his body disappeared  through the wall as if he was laying in a pond of colour being swallowed by the water as his face was the last to disappear.

Knowing where he was going she ran out of the kitchen into the corridor her eyes fixed on every upcoming turning, as she could feel the growing worry and panic that she had always felt when she was reminded of those creatures. Going as fast as her legs and heavy skirts could carry her she began to worry for Isaac's safety as she did not know what the shadows might do, as they had become more daringly viscous towards her she did not know what they might do to him. As she came to another turning that lead to her chambers she did not see that Kendor was in front of her as she bumped right into his chest that was partly covered by his white crisp shirt, that had frills at the end of his cuffs. Putting an arm around her holding her close dismissing the dirt that covered as her with a playfully curious voice laced with confusion he said "whoa where is the fire?"