Act 1~ Chapter 3~ A Girl With an Unrequited Crush

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

  Jace had explained all of this information but the whole concept was just so confusing that Bentley allowed what he said to go in one ear and out the other.

  The hallway of this floor was considerably more clean seeing as Martha Connors probably picked up here more.  Jace and Bentley were just about to head down the stairs when a voice stopped them.

  "Brofer?" The two turned around and saw a sleepy little boy with messy black hair and tired brown eyes.

  "Hey buddy," Jace whispered, scooping the toddler into his arms and giving him a kiss of the cheek. "Why don't you go back to sleep?" Jace rocked the little boy in his arms before going back into Glen's room and setting him in his bed. "I'll be back in a little bit."

  "Okay," Glen answered, and rolled over in his bed, shutting his eyes and going back to sleep.

  "Sorry, about that," Jace bounded on down the hall, Bentley in tow, "he has like radar to know when I'm around, it's a little weird."

  She nodded quietly, but the small smirk that flashed across her features let Jace know that she though it was cute.

  The bottom floor had a kitchen, living room, and the master bedroom as well as a master bathroom. There were contraptions everywhere, Bentley noticed, and these inventions all appeared to be broken down parts of toys and such. Jace said that Stuart liked to make things like this. 

  Ben also noticed that there were pillow forts all around the house and Jace said that Nigel liked to adventure, in his own little way. The entire exchange was in whispers and on tiptoes, since everyone was asleep right now. Sundays were considered sleepy days, and everyone would be annoyed if they were waken up before nine.

  Bentley almost walked right out the door until Jace stopped her. "You're going to need a jacket, it's November after all." He gave her a black leather jacket and helped her into it. He then grabbed a brown one, his considerably more worn than hers was, and then headed out into the bitter cold. The sun had decided to take a vacation today, as it typically did, and the wind chill was dropping the temperature considerably compared to yesterday.

  Jace was far more prepared for this kind of weather as opposed to the mixture that was yesterday's weather. But Jace could tell that Bentley was instantly cold. Maybe going to the park at the beginnings of winter wasn't the best idea that he had had but he had to think of a way to get her out into the world that she hasn't seen in a while.

  "You ever ride a skateboard before?" Jace asked, tossing the board down and looking expectantly at Bentley. She shook her head, crossing her arms as she looked at him. "We should really change that." He offered her a hand and she hesitantly and gingerly took it. He gestured for her to step on the board and she shot him a look of fear. He nodded again at the board and gave her a smile.

  She placed her foot on the board, causing it to slide forward. She recoiled with repeated no's, pulling her hand from his. "Oh, come on," Jace teased, reached and catching her hand back in his. "I won't let you fall."

  Bentley allowed him to pull her back to the board. This time he put his foot right in front of the wheels so that the board wouldn't move forward. Bentley tried to step on it again, and she was able to figure out how to get on it. She was shaky, the board slightly moving back and forth and her free hand shot out and grabbed a handful of his jacket. He grabbed her elbows and steadying her.

  "This is terrifying," she whispered and Jace started to laugh.

  "You'll be fine, I've got you," Jace wrapped an arm around her waist and started to walk with her down the sidewalk. "So, I notice that you've got a lot of clothing from the seventies, you like that era especially or-" he trailed off waiting for an answer.

Genieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें