13 | swindler style

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, Zachary rolled his suitcase up to the couch and cockily held up three room keys. He smiled as he splayed them out like a perfect hand of cards.

"I'm impressed, Swindler," Adam admitted. "Nice one."

"Where are your other two mates?" Zachary questioned, pointing at the couch.

Lawrence and Adam looked to their sides to see the two bozos had wandered off.

"Shit," Lawrence mumbled.

"David's right there!" Adam pointed just feet away. He'd moved on to observing the fake plants that lined the wall.

"Okay, great, but he's not who I'm actually worried about," Lawrence spoke, looking for the problem-child that was drunk Ron.

"Hey, Lawrence! Look at me!" Ron's excited voice echoed through the lobby. Lawrence, Adam, and Zachary simultaneously turned their heads to find him on the other end of the room.

"God—fucking—damnit," Lawrence grumbled before running across the room to stop what was happening.

Ron was climbing into the fake waterfall.

Lawrence was too late to stop him from standing in the pond, but he thankfully grabbed his arm in time to prevent him from going under the stream of water pouring down the fake rock wall.

"Buddy, you can't just do that." Lawrence tried to keep a kind voice as he pried his friend out of the water.

"But, I wanted to go swimming," Ron whined as Lawrence led him back to the group.

"Ron, it's not a real—" he stopped explaining and shook his head, knowing he wouldn't get anywhere. "I'm never letting you drink again," he sighed.

The group got in the elevator and rode up a few floors. After exiting, Zachary handed out the keys and then headed to his room.

Lawrence gave Adam their room key, "You can go to our room and wait for me. I'm gonna make sure these two get into theirs alright," he pointed over his shoulder at Ron and David. "I bet they couldn't even find their way around their own apartments right now."

"Good idea," Adam nodded in agreement before heading down the hallway.

***

Adam and Lawrence lied side by side in the dark. They'd been settled in their room for a while now, and the digital clock by the bed read 2:06.

"Psst. Are you awake?" Adam whispered to Lawrence.

"Yeah."

"I'm so fucking tired but I can't sleep." Adam whined.

"Neither can I. It's called jet-lag, Adam."

Adam groaned into his pillow. Flipping on his back, he tried to get more comfortable. It didn't work. Suddenly, Adam gasped when he felt Lawrence snaking his hand into his boxers.

"What are you doing?" Adam complained with his eyes closed.

"What does it feel like I'm doing?"

Adam splayed his arm over his eyes and sighed. "Right now, Lawrence?"

"Well, we can't sleep. May as well," Lawrence spoke nonchalantly.

Adam sighed even heavier. "Yeah well I'm too tired, so don't expect any action from me."

"That's fine," Lawrence shrugged and took his hand back, lifting the blanket off Adam.

"Hey!" Adam shivered. "What are you doing?"