The Demon General goes on a date (AxR)

Start from the beginning

"Y'know, Emi had always told me to stay away from you guys. She's been bickering me and saying stuff like how y'all are bad news and anyone who gets close to you always end up hurt."

"She's... she's right," Ashiya said in a soft tone that sounded depressing.

She took note of his sudden mood swing and hit his shoulder lightly. "Pfffft, c'mon, you really think I'll believe what she said about you guys?" She said. He looked back at her shocked from what she said.

"From what I see, you guys are just as good as her, you ain't hurt no one from what I know, and you're extremely caring. Like, how you helped that little kid from earlier, I know for a fact that a bad guy would never do that. Also, you're the most caring Ashiya," she stopped before speaking, holding a tight grip on her arm, she started to speak in a soft tone, "Ashiya, you're the one who cooks and do all the house chores for the other two. Without you, they would be hopeless and they should be grateful to have you in their lives, because I know I am grateful to have met you."

A light blush streaked across her face as she stared into his eyes. Ashiya was lost for words, he didn't know how to respond to what she said.

Rika took another initiative to lighten up the mood again, "I mean, I know you're really mean to that Urushihara guy but you still care for him."

He laughed at her statement, "ha, I will always hate him with a passion," he jokingly said and smiled. They both laughed as the sun began to set.

Rika yawned as the fatigue was hitting her. "Do you want to head back now? It looks like you need some rest," Ashiya asked.

"Nah, I'm all goods, just need a place to lie down," she responded, "I got an idea, how 'bout I use your lap as a pillow?" She playfully teased.

"Sure thing," he responded while patting his lap.

"You're joking, right?"

"Only if you are."

Rika decided to take advantage and put her head on his lap. They were both facing the sunset and enjoyed every second of it. Out of instinct, Ashiya decided to run his hands through Rika's hair and started to pat her head.

Rika blushed and let out a small squeak.

"I apologise for that, I didn't know I was doing it," he said.

"I-it's okay... you can continue if you want." She replied.

He continued to run his fingers through her hair while facing the sunset. He used his free hand to grab his chest and found out his heart was racing and beating like crazy.

"Now I know why my heart's beating quickly. I am certain that I'm
.
.
.
Dealing with Arrhythmia, maybe I should see a doctor," he thought.

"Looks like these guys had a successful date as well," Emi said from behind the tree.

"T-thank you, Ashiya," Maou said on the brink of tears.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" Emi asked filled with concern for the Demon King.

"He didn't spend any money today. Thank you so much Ashiya," Maou said.

Emi lightly slammed her fist on top of his head and giggled, "you guys and your cheapskate attitude."

The two started to giggle as the day ended.

"You know they've been watching us from the start, right?" Rika said.

"Yeah, I know but I'm in no position to question about my Liege's stalking habits."

"Is it because you stalk him?"

"I have you know that I don't stalk him, I watch over him to protect him."

Rika and Ashiya started to laugh too as the day had come to a close.

I'm finished with this chapter, finally. I teased this chapter from the second official chapter of this book and it finally came out. Better late than never right?

Also, if you're wondering, I'm going with option B, only writing when I want to and luckily for me, I've managed to find time to write these chapters. Also, 1k read special is coming out at one point as well, so stay tuned!

On a last note, do you guys remember my first book? If you do or if you want to know about it, private message me about it.