“No.” he answered flatly.

“What kind of answer is that? You just say no and I am supposed to fall into line like it’s no big deal?” I asked. Getting angry by his simple explanation.

Sighing Marcus reached out to grasp my shoulder but before he could I took a step back putting space between us. I didn’t want any kind of distraction to keep me from getting my answer.

“My brother, and my past are very much real. The “test” as you call it was only putting you in situations to see how you react.” He told me.

“I don’t think I truly understand what you’re saying.” I whispered knowing he would hear me.

“Well I wanted to push you to see if you would let me continue to walk over you or would you push back. I needed to know if you were going to be able to handle being the Luna of this pack.” He explained as if that was all I needed.

I let his words roll over me. Without being able to stop the fight I knew was coming I had to ask. “So, What if I didn’t prove to be who you thought then what? Would you reject me, send me on my way, or I don’t know “train” me the way you thought I should act? Because I have to tell you that is not going to happen.”

The look that crossed his face at my declaration would have been funny had I not be so mad. I was literally seeing red at the moment.

“Abby, baby that was not what I was trying to imply. I swear.” He told me sincerely.

The tone in his voice left me with not doubt that he was telling me the truth. After excepting his word I felt myself calming but I still needed to know what he meant. I just couldn’t let that go and pretend he didn’t say it.

“I need to know then what exactly were you saying?” I asked.

“Just that I needed to know if you were going to be able to handle all of this so soon after everything. Things have not gone exactly as planned. I admit that some of that was my fault but I have you now so there is no way you’re leaving me.” Marcus spoke with such conviction that I literally felt the shiver run down my spine.