“Harry?” I questioned if he was actually there in barely a whisper. His touch was very real but I felt like it was all in my head.

He pulled me towards him into a hug. A very warm and needed hug. “I’m here Mel. What’s wrong?”

Everything. I smiled shortly and responded, “Nothing. Just a nightmare.”

I hope this was nothing, but just a dream. I won’t be able to handle this if it’s a warning. I won’t be able to deal with it. I have nothing to worry about, do I?

“It's okay Melanie; nothing bad will happen with me here. I won’t let it happen.” He assured me while rubbing my arms with his hand.

But what if you are the cause of the something bad?

“Of course,!Harry. You will keep me safe. I trust you.”

“And I you,” he responded with a smile.

“I love you, Harry.”

“I love you, Melanie.”

I soon fell asleep once more with Harry’s arms firmly around my waist.

Aaron really knew me well. He knew me well enough to know that I would still be thinking of his words. I don’t believe him of course but even after a week, the words are still floating around in my head.

** ** **

“Harry, do you think we could go get food sometime soon? And by we, I mean you, cause I don’t really feel like getting up.” I said with a small smile.

He didn’t respond, instead he grunted in annoyance.

I knew he wouldn’t want to get up either. He was getting up, whether he wanted to or not. I buried my face into his bare chest and hoped he would get up, “Harry?”

He grunted once more, and I silently laughed to myself. “Melanie, stop talking. I don’t wanna get up.”

“Harry,” I whined.

“Mm, why don’t you just let me sleep?”

“Well, because it’s already 2 pm.”

“No offense babe, but if its 2, why are you still here? Don’t you have work today?”

“Yeah, I called in sick. You weren’t letting me go earlier so I uh, I thought it would be easier to not go. Get up and bring me food.”

I laughed when all he did was shake his head repeatedly, “no.”

“But Harry, Please.” I said with a pout on my face.

“Shit, why do you have to make that face? You know I can’t say no to that face.”

“Yeah, and that’s why I did it.” I said with a sly smile.

“Okay; well then, you are going to get breakfast in bed today. Okay? Don’t move.”

“Yay, okay.”

I knew I should just stay put. I should, but then I saw my easel, and I suddenly got the need to paint something. I immediately threw the covers off of my body. I walked over to my things and began painting my heart out. I didn’t realize Harry had walked back in. I was so preoccupied with my work that I didn’t notice him.

“Melanie, I told you not to move.” His sudden voice startled me.

“Shit, uh sorry, yeah… it’s okay; I’ll just get back in bed.” I said nodding quickly with a growing smile on both our faces. I quickly jumped back into his bed.

“You’re such a loser Melanie. You know that right?”

“Yeah, but I’m your loser. You’re stuck with me!”

 ** ** **

I’ve been helping Harry clean his dorm. Hunter and Lily were out on a trip with the science or math department, I have no idea. They were coming back soon and Harry had managed to make a mess in literally every corner of the dorm.

I was currently in the living room picking up many scattered papers and books. I found his guitar on the floor underneath the throw pillows from the couch along with a blanket. I picked it up and was about to play something when I noticed something else was hidden under the blanket as well. I set the guitar down against the couch and leaned forward to reach for what looked like a journal.

“What’s this?” I thought out loud.

Harry was in the other room, so I thought I was talking to myself. I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal if I took a look inside of it. It looked really interesting and pretty worn out from being opened so often, but apparently, I thought wrong.

“What are you doing with that? No, don’t touch it. Put it down. And do not even think about opening it.”

I handed it to him as I grabbed his guitar once again and sat down on the couch. “Why? What is it?”

“It’s my writing journal. I don't want you to look at it.”

“Why not?” I continued pestering him about it.

“There are things in here that I haven’t completed and I do not want you to look at them. Not yet, at least.”

“But what if I could help you?”

“No, you just can’t look at it.”

“Uh, okay. Hey, you know what? We should write a song together. It would be fun.” I said as I began strumming a few random notes on the guitar.

“Yeah, one day,” he said as he got up, kissed my forehead, and walked away with his journal.

I took this time to relax a bit. I continued playing on the guitar and began strumming the melody to one of my songs. Then I heard Harry’s phone ring. It sounded a lot closer than expected. That was because it was on the couch next to me.

“Harry, your phone is ringing!” I yelled out to him.

“Uh answer it.”

I picked up his phone and slide it across to answer it, but before I had the chance to even speak there was a voice on the other line coming through.

“Harry, I know you said not to call you, but I really need to see you. I miss you. And I want you right now. You know where I am so come and be here in five minutes.” She said and instantly hung up.

What just happened? Who was that?

Unsure of what to do, I just sat there staring at the screen. Rose Parker.

“So who was on the phone?”

“I don’t know, why don’t you tell me?” I said looking him in the eyes as I showed him the screen.