"don't be silly," chaeyoung said, but she was quiet for the rest of the car ride as she carefully drove them back to mark's house. "are your parents up?" she whispered as she found mark's house key in the pocket of his jacket.

he shook his head.

"okay, i'm gonna sleep at yours," she said as she unlocked the front door. "is that okay, mark?"

"that's fine," he murmured.

the two entered the house quietly and went upstairs to mark's room.

"how are you feeling?" chaeyoung asked after mark returned from the bathroom, teeth brushed and face washed.

"pretty rubbish," he admitted, sinking down on his bed. chaeyoung had insisted she would be fine on the futon on the floor, so mark didn't argue further. "you?"

"hard to tell, i guess," she remarked. she shrugged. "tired, mostly."

"do you want to borrow a shirt or something?" he asked.

"maybe a t-shirt?"

mark located a clean one in his closet and handed it to her. chaeyoung snuck off to the bathroom to freshen up and change into the big shirt.

"thanks, mark," she said as she lay down on the futon.

"no, thanks for driving me home," he told her, "my head's still spinning a little." he lay down and groaned. "i don't know why i kissed donghyuck."

"do you regret it?" chaeyoung said softly.

mark sighed. "not right now. but i probably will in the morning."

***

back at the party, jeno and renjun were squished on a sofa in the living room, and people had started to leave. donghyuck had lost track of where jaemin and nancy had gotten to, and the thumping music and endless alcohol was starting to get old.

mark had gone.

donghyuck didn't know how to feel about that. or about the kiss.

"fuck," he muttered, heat rising in his cheeks again as he recalled mark straddling him and kissing him like it was his last moments on earth.

the peachy-haired boy went outside, running his finger around the rim of the red cup.

couples were making out or getting high outside, or god knows what else, as donghyuck leaned against the wall with a sigh. he finished his drink, but it tasted sour. he tossed the red cup aside and ran a hand over his face.

donghyuck bit his lip. everyone seemed to be against him, except maybe xiyeon. there was always someone better, someone more handsome or cooler. someone slimmer, fitter. he was on the soccer team, and everyone loved him at the game. but he felt more alone now than ever.

"i'll search the universe..." he sang quietly.

left to his own thoughts, and a bit tipsy, donghyuck suddenly felt a gaping hole in his life. where was the light he needed? a missing piece of his heart-

"oi, shut up," said some guy, clearly high as he held a joint in one hand and a girl in the other. "some of us don't want to hear that shit."

"god, sorry," donghyuck snapped.

the couple disappeared back inside.

the peachy-haired boy's stomach suddenly lurched, and he fell to his knees, vomiting violently in the grass.

"someone got sick," a girl's voice could be heard nearby. donghyuck recognised her as nancy.

"let's get out of here," a boy suggested.

jaemin. donghyuck gagged and threw up again.

nancy giggled. "okay," she said, and their footsteps receeded.

donghyuck blinked the tears out of his eyes as his throat burned. he pushed himself up, wiping his mouth with his sleeve and brushing his hands off on his jeans. he started crying, his head hurting from trying to hold it all back. he fumbled for his phone and dialed.

"hyung," he sobbed.

"hyuck?" his older brother's worried voice came through, "are you okay?"

"doyoung-hyung," donghyuck sniffled, "come and get me, p-please."

"i'll be right there, hang in there, donghyuck," doyoung said immediately. "what's the address?"

donghyuck had never felt more grateful than when he saw doyoung's little blue car pull up outside the house and he ran and got in. and he was safe.

_____________________

there's so much angst in this book istg

but i finally got to introduce doyoung! i'd been waiting :)))

the hyung line will show up more in the book tho, and a few of them have a big part in mark and donghyuck's stories

hope you're are still enjoying this book ^.^

VERYCHEOL keeps telling me to update, like almost everyday, so i keep on writing this book hahah thank u for the constant motivation fam!!!

(if you want an update of any of my books, please just ask!! i know i'm a bit slow on some of my books)

next chapter will be soon, as i need to procrastinate from my physics assignments and shit rip

taellipses out x