/1/

"Your mother and I are going to pick up Mitch at the airport." my dad says, putting on an unnecessarily long trench coat.

"Okay. Can you get me a-"

"Burger King foot lettuce!" my younger brother yells before I get the chance to ask for what I want.

Quickly, I turn around and yell at him, "Shut the hell up, Mivha!" That immediately earns me a firm tap on the top of my head from my mother.

"Watch your mouth, Eyra!" she scolds, glaring at me. "I don't want you two acting like that when Mitchell gets here!"

I roll my eyes and my dad looks at me, "What were you going to ask for?"

"A large fry from McDonald's." I tell him, standing up from the couch and hugging my dad.

"Do you want anything, Mivha?" my mom asks. Mivha requests a double cheeseburger which I scowl at; he says I'm one of those annoying vegetarians, but I say save the animals.

"We'll be back in a little over two hours. And when we return, I want you both on your best behavior." my mom says sternly. Mivha and I both agree (even though our good manners will be out the window by the start of the second week) and our parents walk out of the front door.

"I'm going upstairs to practice guitar." Mivha says.

"Yeah, cause god knows you need it." Mivha flips me off and ignore him.

Flipping on the television, I decide to watch Disney Channel. I couldn't say I was excited to be getting a new billet brother; I was used to it. 

So, while I was watching the ending of Tangled, I was surprised to see a boy around my age who was actually kind of cute. I knew that I could never date a billet brother because I've tried before but it didn't work out very well, but that didn't stop my eyes from tracing the body of the boy standing just inside the doorway of the living room; tall, dark hair, baby blue eyes.

My mother began introducing the two of us while my father yelled up the stairs for Mivha to come down. I said hello to Mitch, then made my way to the kitchen to where my food was. Walking past Mitch and into the kitchen, I felt eyes on me. I turned around and looked to Mitch, catching him checking me out. He didn't show any shame when he met my eyes and smirked when I rolled my eyes.

I sat on the counter top while eating my fries and humming, scrolling through my Instagram feed. Mivha had already taken his burger up to his room. 

Mitch walked down the second staircase that went into the kitchen and took my bag of fries. "These are good." 

I snatch the bag out of his hands and smack him on the arm, "They're mine."

"Oh, feisty." He smirks.

"Shouldn't you be upstairs moving in?" I ask.

"I got thirsty and your mom said to ask you to get me some water."

"Well, it's in the fridge, so you can get it yourself," I slide off of the counter, "And you literally just got here. How can you be thirsty?"

Mitch completely ignores my question, "How do you say your name again?"

I roll my eyes. "Eye-ruh." I push past him to climb the stairs and head to my room.

"And your brother's name?"

"My-vuh." I say attempting to shut the door on him. That didn't work, because he refused to be shut out. "If this is how you act, we're gonna need to set down some ground rules."

"Yeah?"

I look at him, "Yeah," I pause to take a drink of water from the bottle on my bedside table, "Let's start with being in my room; I don't like it."