Chapter 45 (Book 2)

Začať od začiatku

 “It skipped my mind?” Draco replied unsure. He really didn’t know why he didn’t tell her.

 “It skipped your mind? IT SKIPPED YOUR MIND!” She yelled again causing innocent looking Draco to back away a little

 “I was about to tell you but I was waiting of the right moment.” He pleaded his eyes turning slightly glassy.

 “And when was this “right moment” going to happen?” Hermione asked in a rather calm yet annoyed voice and quoting the right moment.

 “I-I-“

 “See you don’t even know.” She said and turned her heel, she was now facing the crackling fire.

 There was silence in the room and not one of them wanted to break it. They had been talking with heated heads for almost an hour and it was tiring especially for Hermione, who did most of the yelling.

Hermione’s breathing became slower and calmer; her stiffened crossed arms started to loosed and untangled themselves.

 “I-I did lot of things Draco, I felt Alicia, just to seek out revenge. What you did to me made my heart turn to ice.” Hermione explained as she watched the fire dance in the fire place. “Seeing you say I do to Astoria broke my heart into a million pieces. You were so happy with them and all I wanted was to make you see what happened to me. My motivation for all these years was Alicia and my pride to crush your mother’s reputation but I’ve seen that I was wrong, Alicia melted my ice heart and made me realize that all this revenge and pride made me loose myself. Do you know why I act cold towards you?”

 “Why?” Draco asked as he listened attentively to Hermione’s story.

 “Because believe it or not I still may have those feelings for you.” Hermione admitted and wrapped herself with her arms.

 A tear fell from Hermione’s eyes as her feelings for Draco started to fill her body again; it feels like they were teenagers again. And after 15 long years she had admitted something to herself and to someone else.

 Suddenly silence ate the room and made it a little awkward for Hermione. It’s quite different admitting your feelings when you’re a teenager and a grown woman. She closed her eyes hoping Draco would answer or even just talk so she won’t look stupid there admitting her feelings and get nothing in return.

 “Hermione…” Draco started and tried to reach Hermione’s shoulder.

 “If you don’t feel the same, I understand, you moved on already.” Hermione said as she tried to control her tears. By letting a sob leave her mouth she failed.

 She was about to turn around but upon turning her lips met his and instantly sparks of electricity filled her body and fireworks ignited. It was still the same kiss they shared years ago but this time it was true and more passionate than before.

 They broke apart and Hermione opened her eyes. She saw those familiar silver pools that always made her melt. She didn’t know if she was happy or sad at the moment.