𝐈. MEETING YOU

Start from the beginning

     "Happy birthday Giovanna!" Two very similar voices yelled, and next thing I know, Fred and George Weasley had tackled me in a huge hug. I wouldn't say this out loud, and neither would they, but they were my favorite Weasleys and I was their favorite person under this roof. We got along well and had so much fun playing pranks on everyone together.

     Ginny was next to run over and hug me. Of course we're close, being the only two girls (besides Molly Weasley - of course). She was a year younger than Ron and I, who were the same age. She was grinning as she revealed a small box she was holding behind her back to me. I looked up at Mrs. Weasley for approval, and she nodded, so I opened the box. Inside was a necklace exactly like the one I was wearing, only it had a W instead of an H. W for Weasley. "Just something so you don't forget us." Ginny smiled. I hugged and thanked her.

     Ron came over to me and we hugged each other tightly. Sure, the twins were my favorite, but Ron and I were the closest, since we were the same age and we just always connected the most. He grinned and gave me a tiny piece of plastic. I looked at it and saw that it was a gift card for the hair salon. I smiled. Everyone in this house knows that I have been wanting to get dark green streaks in my dark brown hair. Not necessarily because it's a Slytherin color, but because it was my favorite color. I thanked Ron.

     Mr. and Mrs. Weasley didn't have to give me a present, because their present was taking care of me for all of these years. I would like to think Percy would've given me something, but him and I had never gotten along and he was probably locked up in his room studying on how to be the perfect prefect. "Giovanna, where would you like to go for breakfast?" Mrs. Weasley asked me. I thought about it for a minute, then came up with an answer.

     "Sugarplum's Sweet Shop!" I cried, and Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George cheered. We loved that place, it was candy wonderland. Mrs. Weasley sighed but laughed.

     "You kids can go there, and Mr. Weasley and I will go to Rosa Lee Teabag. So you know where to find us." Mrs. Weasley told us, and grabbed a handful of floo powder, stepping into the fireplace. "Diagon Alley!" And with the rise of green flames, she disappeared. Mr. Weasley went next, followed by George, then Fred, then Ginny, then Ron, then me.

     I arrived at Diagon Alley and saw the twins, Ron, and Ginny waiting for me, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley already had left. I ran over to them and we all headed to the Sweet Shop together. We walked into the store, me in the lead. I heard the little bell on the door chime to cue that someone had come in. I saw the flash of white-blonde hair before anyone else and I pulled the Weasleys behind the counter that was next to the door and signaled for them to be quiet. They gave me questioning looks but then saw them.

     Lucius Malfoy and his son, Draco, were leaving the store. I personally didn't have any problems with the Malfoys, but everyone knows the Weasleys and them have had a rivalry for years on end. So I only figured this would end bad if they saw us, and I don't want that. We crouched behind the counter and waited until they had completely left the store until we came out of our hiding spot and walked over to the counter.

     After buying all the candy and sweets we could, we met back up with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. "Giovanna, I think it's time we go get your hair done," Mrs. Weasley smiled, and I grinned. The boys didn't care too much about my hair, so Mr. Weasley took them to the Quidditch Shop while Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and I went to go get my hair dyed. We walked into the salon and told the worker at the counter what I wanted and that I had a gift card for it.

     "Are you in Slytherin?" The girl dying my hair asked when Ginny and Mrs. Weasley had walked away to sit down and I was settled into a salon chair.

     "No, This September will be my first year at Hogwarts." I told the girl who looked to be someone that just finished school about five or more years ago. "Green is just my favorite color," I told her. She stopped what she was doing for a second and looked at my forearm.