♡ Chapter 6 ♡

Time has passed. The days and night's swung by and oddly enough, the dark one isn't as strict as he used to be with the princess. Call it a change of heart. Of course he still continued his twisted evil ways by performing his dark magic, but his attitude towards the princess has changed. He's been more lenient towards the work she's done, and he doesn't boss her around as much as before. He has even let her drink tea and eat meals with him. He's even smiled more when she's around. It made the princess happy, yet he was very mysterious. She was dying to know who this man was. What's his background? Why is he the way he is now? What is his real name? What lies beneath the hood?

It couldn't hurt to ask. After All, the two live together. She believed it was only right if she knew at least a bit about the man she shared a mansion with.

Thankfully, she had a chance now. There he was reading a magic book a friend has given him. He isn't too busy, and but it was important, but she wondered how on earth he could read with his eyes being covered by a hood.

Quickly, the princess stood beside him and mustered all the courage she could possibly conjure. She cleared her throat to grab his attention.

Rapmonster shut his book, sighed deeply and moved his head up, to what she believe was to look at her. Damn hood.

" what?" he asked, almost with an irritated tone but not so much.

" um, is there any laundry?" she asked. She mentally slapped herself for not asking right away.

Rap Monster tilted his head to the side, absolutely confused by her question but shrugged it off. " yeah, there's some to be left outside"

" I'll go do it" she said as she turned around and started to walk. She stopped. How could she let this opportunity slide?

"why are you just standing there?" Rap Monster asked, his elbow resting on the table, and his cheek on the Palm of his hand.

The princess turned around " actually I need to ask you something "

" if you're going to ask for a pay for working here, fine. " Rap Monster said toneless.

She shook her head. " what? No no. I was actually going to ask about you."

He was silent.

"what would you like to know?" he finally said after while.

" why do you do deeds with dark magic? What made you think you're so hated by people? What is your name?" the princess poured question after question.

"why would you like to know?" he asked

" well." the princess hummed and sat on the chair next to him." you know so much about me already, and yet I know nothing of you."

"im a personal man." Rap Monster said with a sigh " like to keep things to myself"

" yes but don't you think that after living together I should at least know a bit about you?" y/n argued.

" you're so persistent " he said getting closer to her " could it be that..." he stopped mere inches from her face.

She squeaked softly, confused on his actions when suddenly he spoke again " could it be that you just want to know he monsters weakness? "

Relief washed over the princess, but how dare he make such false accusations? " of course not!" she defended. " besides you're not a monster. You're a man."

Rap Monster crossed his arms and Bose his head, as if saying " really? A man?"

She cleared her throat nervously " well, a man with complications" she corrected, " but a man no less."

" right " he said unbelievably " I may have complications but you know what I don't have ?" he said with a soft smile.

" what is it ?" the princess asked him curiously, inching closer for an answer.

" clean clothes " he said with a snap of his finger and the princess was no longer in the room. He had magically and oh so rudely transported her outside where a basket of clothes was waiting to be on the clothesline.

She puffed her cheeks angrily and bent down to pick up some clothes and votes pins. " you're such a rude person. All I wanted was to know who you were " she stopped and flicked her eyes around " and no I'm not talking to myself because I know you can hear me" she murmured as if she was talking to the dark one " maybe " she added.

A whimpering was heard. The princess turned around and was greeted by a young pup. It was a brown and white colored mutt with large black beady eyes. It was whimpering once again and the princess Inched towards the dog, with a coo " hey there. Where'd you come from?" she asked as if expecting an answer . As soon as y/n got close to it, it started to run.

"Hey!" she ran towards it, chasing it down into a secluded bush area.

" where'd you go?" y/n said after stopping to search for the dog, but it was nowhere to be seen. She turned around and a person in full black clothes was in front of her. There was no way to see who it was, the only thing visible was some lips red as a rose. The being lifted their hand and pucker their lips to blow a black glittery dust towards the princess and in an instant the princess lost consciousness.

Hours later, the dark one went toward a re clothesline, expecting to see his little worker " I hope you're not trying to avoid me just because I didn't tell you who I was ." he roamed around " it's quite childish of yo-" he stopped upon seeing a crow, resting on the clothesline with a letter in its beak. The dark one took it in his hands and opened it .

Inside was written in red ink

' Bring me the magic wand to the hunter's cliff by midnight or else your maid will face my wrath.

~ M.'

Rap Monster's blood boiled in an angry fury. He crumpled the paper and threw it at the crow, who manage to dodge it and fly in circles up in the sky above the magical man.

"I know who you are!" he yelled up to the crow " I believed you were smarter than to mess with me and threaten my belongings. Now you will face my wrath!"

And with a trilling 'caw' the bird flapped away from the magical man and all will see what would happen until midnight.