For Peeta and Annie

Katniss POV

**"Let's climb up," I say to Finnick. i turn back to look at him and he had a confused look on his face.

"Okay?" Finnick replies. One of his eyebrows were raised.

I tilt my head towards the tree. I strap my bow securely against my back and try to grab hold of the lowest branch. I jump as high as I can but still can't reach it. Damn me for being short.

"Here," Finnick walks over to me. I feel his presence behind me. "Ready?" He asks.

"Yes," I breathe out.

"I'll come up right after. Here goes nothing." Finnick unexpectedly grabs my waist and sits me on the tree. I look down and see Finnick looking up at me. "C'mon, scoot over. I'm coming up."

I scoot over to the left and Finnick climbs up quickly. He turns to face me. "So, what now?" Finnick asks.

"We climb." I grab hold of the nearest branch I can find and pull myself up. I hear Finnick smirk a little. "What?" I ask. I had no idea what you could've been laughing about. Then I realize my butt is in his face. I feel myself turn red and I quickly scramble up. "Not funny," I say through grit teeth.

"What!?" He asks smiling brightly. "You're the one giving me a free show," he shrugs. He then quickly climbed up beside me. I sit there glaring at him. He turns towards me and says, "what?"

"You go first." I say impatiently.

"What? So I can give you a free show? Sorry, honey, but as much as you want to see this," he gestures to his body, "I'm afraid you're going to have to pay." He gives me one of his Finnick smirks. Just like the ones when we first met.

My mouth drops open and Finnick bursts out laughing at my reaction. My mouth just drops even further, if that's possible.

"C'mon! Lighten up a bit."

This makes me forget I was ever in pain and I feel better. All the pain inside me washes away. It somehow disappears, but I know better than that. It has just hidden itself deep within me. I should be cautious of it, but I let myself relax for the first time since the hovercraft. I let myself go completely unaware of the consequences, but I don't care. I have no one left. Just Haymitch and Finnick.

"Fine," I give him a mischievous smirk, "game on."

"Oh.. So this has become a game? Alright. Let's just say-" he bites his lip in a way that makes me catch my breath and I have no idea why. He leans in close to me, really close. His mouth is by my ear and our chests were slightly touching. "-I'm going to win this," he finishes slowly. He backs up and smirks with mischief written all over his face.

He wants to play it that way? Then game on.

I lean towards him. So close that our chests touch again. My palms are against the trunk of the tree and I'm locking him in. I put my lips to his ear and I say, "I'd like to see you try," i whisper in a deep voice and without meaning to, it came out a little seductive.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Katniss, oh, Katniss," he tilts his head," don't try to steal my game. It just won't work if we both try to charm the pants off each other." His voice was dripping with seductiveness.

I narrow my eyes and look into him as if challenging him. "Sorry," I say with my voice slightly seductive, "I didn't know that it was this kind of game."

Finnick laughs deeply. "It isn't. Not yet. Not until I make it that kind of game."

"You mean if you can make it that kind of game," I reply. He is NOT getting the upper hand. Not now, not ever.