"We're friends, I told you this already."

"Please, just stay away from him."

I let out a long sigh. If there was one thing that bothered me the most, was men, or boyfriends rather, who think they can dictate who their girlfriends can and cannot be friends with. I am my own person. Ever since preschool, I have been choosing who my friends are. Harry and I are friends. This is something that no boyfriend can tell me otherwise.

"No."

"Izzy, please. I don't trust him."

"Good for you. I do trust him." With every fibre in me, I fight to keep my voice steady. A fight is the last thing that I want to do with Chase. Especially over something ridiculous like my choice to be friends with Harry.

His sigh is longwinded. I can sense the frustration that Chase is fighting to keep at bay. He takes a moment, collecting his thoughts, before he speaks once again. "If he hurts you, I will kill him." There is no playfulness in his tone. It is serious and straight to the point. I shudder.

"He wont hurt me."I say lightly, hoping that he will believe me. "Trust me?" I ask.

"I trust you. It's him who I don't." And there's a good reason why. The guy almost kissed you, my subconscious voice reminds me. Her hands are on her hips and she has a knowing look plastered on her face. She knows that being friends with Harry is treading on ice. The possibility of something happening is high. But, of course, I ignore it. I allow my stubborn nature getting in the way.

"Are you home now?" He asks me. I stay silent. "You're with him right now, aren't you." He doesn't ask. The tiny bit of guilt that I felt before returns.

"Yes."

Chase sighs once more. "Okay." What kind of girlfriend are you? My subconscious mocks. I quickly tell her to shut up, not needing to allow her input having an effect on me. I will not feel bad about this. I choose not to. "Can I see you later?"

"Yes."

"Movie night? My place?"

"I'd love that." I smile to myself. Thankful that this conversation didn't escalate. The probability of it turning into an argument was high, but thankfully it didn't go that way.

I hear the door to the bedroom open. I look and see Harry walk out. His eyes are facing me. His vibrant green eyes darkened. His hair is a tousled mess on top of his head. I push any desire to run my fingers through it down. He has a smirk plastered on his lips as he walks over to me. He leans his tall frame against the fridge. Not once has his eyes left mine. I feel vulnerable under his glare.

"I'll see you later." Chase speaks into the other line, breaking me free from my trance on Harry's plump lips.

"Okay. See you tonight. Bye." I hang up the call, placing my phone back into my jean pocket.

"Boyfriend?" Harry asks. His lips are pursed together, his eyes glaring down at me.

"That would be him." I laugh lightly, running my fingers through my curls.

"He has shit timing. You should tell him that."

My mind goes back to everything that could have happened if Chase hadn't called. A sinking feeling tips into the base of my soul. My heart speeds up and my palms feel sweaty.

"We need to talk about that." I sit up on the counter, my legs dangling over the edge. My eyes catch onto a loose thread on the knee of my jeans. I begin to pick at it, hoping to keep my hands busy. "You and I. If we are going to be friends, we need to set some boundaries. It's clear that there's some," I pause, "some sexual tension between us. That needs to go." I look up and am met with the same smirk that I have become well acquainted with.