"What's up? I'll be at your dorm in 10." he said.

I heard some keys jangle and loud, fast footsteps.

Calum was running to get to me.

Minutes later there was a loud knocking on my dorm door, I dragged myself off my bed and opened it.

Calum was stood, wearing shorts and a nirvana t shirt looking concerned.

"What's happened?" he asked, instantly pulling me into his chest with his muscular arms. His chin rested on the top of my head as I just cried helplessly like a child.

"Lauren, what's happened?" Calum asked once again, worry clear in his emotions.

"Michael just," I began but sobbed before I could continue.

"What's he done this time?" Calum asked, not an ounce of judgement in his voice.

"He keeps leading me on and I keep falling for it and its just a cycle that goes round and round over and over again." I explained, wiping my tears away with my hand.

"Lets sit down." Calum said kindly, closing the door behind him and walking over to my bed, placing himself on it gently.

He looked angry.

"Why are you angry?" I asked, my voice small as I sat beside him.

"I hate seeing you this upset because of him." he said, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm fine, it just gets to me sometimes." I assured him.

"But you're not, he's made you cry so much lately and I hate seeing you upset because I..." he stopped for a moment before continuing. "Because I like you Lauren. I really like you." He finished.

"It might not seem like it but Michael is lovely to me." I began before hesitating. "Most of the time." I finished.

"I understand that but I could be nice to you all of the time, I wouldn't make you cry like this Lauren." He said, wiping the tears off my cheek with the pad of his soft thumb.

"I can't do this Calum. Just please don't be angry with your lifelong best friend because of me." I said exhaustedly.

"Just so you know, ill be here for you when that prick isn't, even if you try to push me away." Calum said as he stood up and shuffled on his feet.

"Okay." I whispered.

He waved briefly before leaving.

A big part of me wondered why I didn't want a relationship with Calum, he's so kind hearted and doesn't judge me even when I make stupid mistakes, he's also undeniably gorgeous.

But my heart was drawn to Michael, the 'punk' of the group. I don't know what it was, we are polar opposites but when it's going well, its going perfect.

I wiped off my smudged makeup and changed into some pyjamas, trying to put today's events behind me as I snuggled into bed with my laptop, watching movies and checking my Facebook feed.

I watched 'the vow' alone until someone was knocking on the door.

I answered, expecting to see my dorm mate, Bethany in the corridor.

To my surprise, Michael was standing in the corridor.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sternly.

"I just wanted to see you." he slurred.
He was drunk.

If his slurred voice didn't give it away, his bloodshot eyes certainly did.

"Go. Now." I ordered, pointing in the direction towards his dorm.