Chapter Four

"Nice, now I have to go look for fish, thank you so much" The merman said, rolling his eyes, and slowing starting to swim away from shore, trying to get away from him. What neither were expecting was that the same bracelet that brought Brendon to this place wanted him to go with Ryan.

"Will you quit following me?"

"I can't, it's this weird bracelet you had lying around"

"Just take it off "

"You think I haven't tried?"

"No. You know what, forget it, you can come with me, just don't interrupt me again."

"Won't I like, drown or something?" 

"Come, and don't let go of me, unless you want to kill yourself" Ryan said, pulling Brendon by his arm into the water. It felt weird and different. He felt light and his lungs, oh boy his lungs. They didn't burn like in the nightmares he had, they breathed in the water like it was normal, and his arm felt tingly. 

Brendon felt free, that was until he looked down and saw the dark abyss below him, which made him lose his breath and start hyperventilating. Ryan noticed and tightened his grip on Brendon's arm, and said: 

"Hey, hey, I'm here, are you ok?" 

Brendon couldn't speak. What he could do was act, and blindly grab Ryan's hand in desperation, pressing it firmly until he was ok again, and wanted to release his hand from the other's but then remembered his words from not too long ago. In a small period of time, his hand started tingling again. 

"Ok, let's go" The merman said, pretending to ignore everything that just happened.