16. We belong together

Začať od začiatku

  “I’m sorry,” I add hoarsely. “I just don’t know if I ever will see you again if I go back to Earth.”

  “It’s alright.” He grabs my hand and gives it a squeak. “Whatever happens must happen.”

  “I don’t want to part with you. I found life again because you gave me a chance. There is just one thing left before I solve the mystery of the threads. I wish you could see what I see, Lex. The world of Paxia who is hidden from human eyes. A lot of things reminds of Earth.”

  I spend the rest of the evening explaining to him about the new world that has opened up for me. I can see in his eyes that he wants to see it too. It makes me wonder how different Earth will look like when I return back. I will never be able to look at it with the same eyes as I once did.

-

  We are climbing through a rocky area on search for anything. What else can we do with our time? We can’t hunt humans because we don’t eat them. There’s no use collecting food since the whole tribe is doing that lately. What they don’t like is wandering through unknown areas.

  “The other tribes never come here,” Lex explains to me. “The Falling Stars used to reside here a lot to stay away from danger. There is a higher possibility that we will find valuable items here.”

  “That’s good!” I smile at him and offer him a bottle of water. “Thirsty?”

  Lex is sweating a lot while I’m just warm from the climbing. He accepts the bottle and gulps it down. We don’t have to be careful with the water since the whole area is crowded with streams. I’m in a wonderful mood. The sky is blue above me and it’s a pity Lex only can see the grey atmosphere.

  We haven’t found anything special so far, but the area is huge and has many crevices to look through.

  I hear Lex swear loudly in pain behind me and I turn around quickly to see a deep wound on his upper arm. It is gashing out blood from it and I pull off my thin green jumper to put pressure around the wound. He’s paralyzed with pain and I wish I had the skill to heal. His blood is warm and I’m afraid that I won’t be able to stop it.

  Bandages, there’s a first aid kit in our house!

  “I’m teleporting us back!” I comment needlessly before grabbing the violet threads.

  We land inside the house. I never teleported to the house before but I’m glad we ended up on the exact spot I wanted us to. That is our bathroom and I dive through the cabinet and pull out the kit. Lex sits down on the toilet seat with a pale expression and my heart twists in fear. I’m no doctor and I give out a desperate sound of help that wakes him up from his state.

  “The wound needs to be sewn,” he says with clenched teeth. “Peter is home, he knows what to do.”

  I storm away to fetch Peter and he quickly gets the situation under control. I gladly leave the emergency to him and drop down shaking onto the bed. My hands and clothes are drowned in blood but I just need a few moments to collect myself before I wash myself off.

  I hear Lex moaning in pain and I shut my eyes, but that only makes my hearing better. Jessica slips into the room with a concerned face and grabs my arm gently.

  “Let’s wash you off,” she says. “Lex will be alright.”

  Her assuring smile makes me feel calmer but I can’t sort out the webs to lift me up. I pull myself up on the wheelchair next to me and Jessica takes the handles and rolls me over to the main bathroom.

  “It’s easy to forget about your disability,” she says after she closed the door shut behind us.

  “I never forget,” I whisper sadly. “How can I ever forget?”