Cora grabbed her books for chemistry and shut her locker, going to her class. When she walked in, she saw Peter sitting in his seat and she sighed in relief. Making a beeline to her seat, she sat down with a huff.

"Morning." Peter grinned, noticing they both had the school sweater on. "How's it goin?" He asked, leaning his chin on his hand.

"Do you want a positive answer or an honest one?" Cora asked, resting her head on her books as she looked at him. She gave a hardly noticeable smile when they were wearing the same sweater, and God he looked adorable. His hair was a bit messy, probably ran out of gel, but she really liked it.

"Honest." Peter replied, curious about how she really felt.

"MJ won't even look at me, and Jaquie came home last night, so I'm pretty shitty."

"Jaquie?"

"My mother." Cora clarified, watching Peter's expression drop.

"I'm sorry, Co.." he said quietly, and he was about to say more, but the bell and Mr. Rivit's bellowing voice cut him off.

During the lesson, Peter would occasionally glance over at Cora, and he could tell she wasn't very happy. Every once in a while he would nudge her and she would glance over at him, only to hold back a giggle when he would give her a goofy smile in an attempt to cheer her up. When Mr. Rivit faced the board and was writing the note, Peter got an idea.

He leaned over to her, whispering, "you know.. I'm kind of guessing that you wanna avoid your mom, right?" He asked, earning a small nod from Cora as she took down the note with her messy scribbles for writing. "If you want, we can work on the project tonight at my place. May can drive you home." He offered, Cora turning to look at him, a grin spreading on her face.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks, Pete."

Peter just nodded, taking in that she called him 'Pete', something only May had ever called him. Now, he could accept it from May and Cora.

"Just come to my locker after school." Peter said quietly before he returned to taking down the note, so Rivit wouldn't clue in to their conversation.

Throughout the day, Cora's mood was all over the place. She was happy in CS, because she was with Peter and laughing and smiling, since they were done the project but couldn't practice the presentation until later. In gym class she was a bit upset, since her and Michelle hadn't made up over their dispute. Then, at the end of the day, her spirits were lifted when she remembered she didn't have to go home and she got to go to Peter's.

Approaching his locker, she pulled her beanie over her head, knowing they would have to walk to the subway since Peter took the train home. He was in the middle of a conversation with Ned while packing his bag, but he could sense someone behind him. He glanced over his shoulder, smiling when he saw Cora.

"Hey! You all ready to go?" Peter asked as he put on his jacket and Cora nodded.

"Well. I'll text you later, Peter. Bye, and bye Cora!" Ned said as he walked off, Cora grinning and giving him a wave.

"So uh.. how long is the subway ride?" Cora asked, and Peter shrugged.

"Eh.. about 25 minutes?" He said, shutting his locker as he swung his bag over his shoulder. Cora just gave him a small smile.