"No," Jungwoo assured him. "Besides, who cares what other people think? If you don't want to kiss anyone then you don't want to. No big deal,"

Taeyong was quiet for several beats.

"I guess that's why it bothers me,"

"Because you care what people think?"

"No- well yes, but that's not what I mean. It bothers me because I do want to kiss someone..."

"Ok, well now you have to tell me who," Jungwoo laughed, nudging Taeyong with his elbow gently.

"No, no," He laughed slightly too, "I didn't have anyone in mind, I just... I don't know. I want to know what it feels like,"

The silence stretched, until Taeyong finally gathered the courage to look over at Jungwoo, who he could feel had something to say. Jungwoo broke into a mischievous smirk.

"I could kiss you,"

Taeyong was taken aback by the words, but he felt his lips stretching into a disbelieving smile. Of course it was a joke. He shook his head, giggling "Oh my god,"

"Why are you laughing, I'm serious," but Jungwoo was laughing now too.

Taeyong met his gaze, searching for any sign that this was all a big joke, just another chance to be made fun of. He couldn't be serious. "You're crazy," Taeyong brushed him off, forcing a nonchalant laugh. He was desperately trying to hide the fact that the idea of kissing his friend actually didn't seem so bad. He turned away, afraid his face would show Jungwoo exactly what he was thinking. Jungwoo gently took hold of his chin, forcing him to meet his gaze once more. His smile was soft, encouraging.

"Taeyong, I said I'm serious,"

"You're serious..." Taeyong repeated dumbly, his heart suddenly dropping into his stomach.

"Oh, calm down, I'm not hitting on you," Jungwoo laughed at his terrified expression, misreading where exactly that terror was coming from. "It's just a kiss. It doesn't have to mean anything," Jungwoo's eyes were gentle as he released Taeyong's chin.

Taeyong's heart was beating so fast in his chest he could barely breathe. It was just Jungwoo, for christ's sake- why was he so nervous? He'd never thought of Jungwoo like that, but the boy was pretty. And sweet. The kind of person you'd want to have a first kiss with. Someone gentle.

"Don't look so panicked," Jungwoo teased, "It was just an offer,"

"I..." Taeyong really didn't know what to say, but Jungwoo waited patiently for him to get the words out. He swallowed hard. "Maybe it's not such a bad idea,"

Jungwoo didn't bother hiding his surprise as his brows raised suddenly. "No?" An amused grin crept over his lips, and he calmly held Taeyong's gaze in a way that made the boy want to squirm.

"I don't want to be a part of the never been kissed club anymore, and nobody else wants to kiss me, so..."

"I'm sure that's not true,"

"It is,"

"If you say so," Jungwoo shook his head slightly in amusement. It always amazed him how unaware Taeyong was of his looks...

"Ok, so- how, um, how does this work?"

"Frist, you need to relax, my friend," Jungwoo laughed gently.

"Ok, relax," Taeyong mumbled under his breath, adjusting his sitting position, taking a deep breath. He slowly, nervously brought his eyes back to Jungwoo, looking for further instructions. Jungwoo only stared him down for a moment, seeming amused by watching Taeyong crumble under his nerves. He was fighting back a big smile.

"You're cute, you know," Jungwoo said softly as he scooted a little closer on the couch, his smile breaking through with his words. Taeyong could only hope it was dark enough to hide the flush of his cheeks. He cast his eyes down shyly. Jungwoo's gentle hand skimmed Tae's jaw, coming to cradle the side of his face, urging the boy to look at him again. Taeyong's heart thrummed, marking each second as they ticked by, as Jungwoo settled closer and closer, taking his sweet time leaning in as his fingers twisted into Taeyong's hair, pulling him closer as well. Taeyong steadied himself against Jungwoo's chest, bracing himself for his first kiss.

Finally, their lips met, only brushing tentatively at first. Taeyong felt a jolt of excitement rush through him as Jungwoo finally closed the gap between them for real. He led the motion, slowly, easily leading Taeyong's lips with his own. Taeyong was surprised how naturally the movement came to him, how easy it was to kiss him back. And his lips were so soft, so gentle... It was more than pleasant. And over far too soon.

Jungwoo pulled away, but not too far, smirking. "There," he whispered, running a gentle thumb over Tae's cheekbone. "You can check 'first kiss' off your to-do list now,"

Taeyong smiled, giddy. "yeah... thanks," he mumbled shyly, getting a little flustered by the fact that Jungwoo was still so close. Jungwoo laughed, flopping backwards onto the couch with a lazy grunt.

"You're a natural, you know,"

"What?" Taeyong had heard what he said just fine, but he didn't know how to respond so the question just slipped out.

"I mean most people are, it's just biology or whatever," Jungwoo wasn't really paying close attention anymore, the alcohol and the early morning hours seeming to finally get to him. "But I'd kiss you again," he mumbled, "You know, if I was into you like that," he almost seemed to be talking more to himself now. Taeyong just smirked. His first kiss. He'd really just had his first kiss. Was it with someone he loved? No- well yes. Of course he loved Jungwoo. But not romantically. But it didn't really matter to him. It was nice. And it was with someone he trusted.

He only wondered how he'd explain to the other boys how he'd had his first kiss when they played never have I ever again. Would they just make fun of him even more if they knew it was Jungwoo?

... Ah, who cares, Taeyong thought to himself, smiling. If they figured it out, they figured it out. But if not, it'd be their little secret.

Taeyong curled up on the couch next to Jungwoo, still smiling even as he drifted off to sleep.

***