❁001

Beep. Beep. Beep.

QIANG groaned reaching over from the inside of her comforter to slap her hand on the alarm clock to shut it up before retreating back to the warmth.

She fell back asleep for a couple minutes until she heard a few taps at the window. She ignored it and squeezed her eyes shut as if it would make her disappear. She knew it wouldn't work, but decided it wouldn't hurt to try.

Again, the taps on the window sounded and again, she ignored it. After a good minute of tapping, it ceased and she was back to her silent time. A small smile curved onto her lips. At least until she heard the creak of her door as it was opened.

Dammit, she thought as she heard his soft footsteps. Suddenly, her comforter was yanked off of her allowing the cold crisp air to wrap around her. Her body sprouted with goosebumps and she internally cursed. She quickly grabbed her pillow and covered her head with it.

"Rose, I know you're awake," a familiar voice said. "Why didn't you open your window?"

Qiang didn't answer. Instead she turned in her bed squeezing her eyes shut.

"You leave me no choice," the voice sighed dramatically. She ignored him, believing it was one of his tricks again, but then she heard his feet pat against the hard wood floor going toward her door.

"WAIT," Qiang shouted sitting up quickly before he could leave the room. He leaned against the frame of her door with a wide smile on his face. His arms were crossed over his chest, crinkling the uniform he wore.

Qiang's heart pounded against her chest as she saw him. He looked perfect in her eyes and always has.

"You hit the alarm clock three times and ignored my tapping on the window the third time," he began to pout while making his way to her. He snatched the pillow from her before raising it and softly bringing it down on her head.

"Sorry, but you know I don't like school," she chuckled as he threw the pillow to the side and she smoothed down her hair.

"Doesn't matter. You ignored me," he pouted more crossing his arms over his chest like a child. This made Qiang laugh seeing him usually act like the mother and not the child.

"Jungjung, stop being a baby," Qiang giggled getting up out of bed. She softly pushed him, making him smile. "Get out so I can change."

"You're even kicking me out now," the boy cried.

"Out," Qiang pointed to the door holding back a laugh.

"Fine~ Hurry up though. The bus is going to be here in less than thirty minutes since you took so long to get up," Zhengting said watching as she grabbed her uniform out of her large closet.

"Yeah, yeah. Now get out," she waved a hand at him.

"Say please," he said grabbing the handle of her bedroom door, but still looked to her. She half turned to look at him before speaking.

"Please get out of my room, Jungjung."

"Good girl," he smiled pulling the door open before exiting.

"I'm not a dog, you idiot," she shouted knowing he could hear her even though the door had shut already.

Qiang threw her uniform onto her bed before going into the bathroom that connected to her room. She quickly got ready brushing her teeth, washing her face, doing her hair, then exited the bathroom to put her uniform on.